Main Menu

Jason's Crash Experience

Started by yzinger, April 18, 2009, 12:03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yzinger

So Thursay afternoon, at about 3pm, I was on my way to the Regional Training Center in Reno, When a vehicle pulled out of an apartment complex to my left and cut me off. The driver of the vehicle had eye contact with me the entire time as he ran the stop sign and got into my lane. I saw him coming, so I had sufficient time to prepare...Until the "NICE GUY" Looked over his shoulder at me, and hit his brakes. At this point I had 2 options (I was on cold tires, less then ½ from my house): Hit the binders and slam into the back of him, or break left and go around. I choose the latter. As I went to turn back right, the rear end came loose and dumped me. I black out for about 2 seconds roughly, spun and tumbled for 35 yrds or so, then came to rest about 10ft from an oncoming car. All in all, I got lucky. Cuts, Road rash, Whiplash and a nice little concussion. The driver of the vehicle that cut me off was cited at the scene. So now my bike is sitting at 2WCP with about $6500 worth of damage. Apparently the numbers add up quick on a Yami. Here are some pics

reno240sx

Sorry to hear about that Jason, I'm glad you are okay. Is the other guy's insurance covering it?

Justin

Wow.  That helmet doesn't look good.
I'm glad you are able to be frustrated.
Looks like a lot of material off the slider.  How far did it slide?

99 900ss duc

that really sucks, glad ur ok and didnt get much body damage

D1NO

Dragone

wow,  I concur with this. 

QuoteWow.  That helmet doesn't look good.
I'm glad you are able to be frustrated.
Looks like a lot of material off the slider.  How far did it slide?

Were you riding on a cheese grinder or a road?

JENX!!!

Glad ur ok man...seems like whenever i miss riding on the streets, something like this pops up., Hope u get the bike running good soon.....cough09R1cough ::)
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

Sheldontoxicman

Bro, Thats sucks. No respect for motorcycles >:( The main is Jason is you walked away the bike can be fixed. ;)

yzinger

Ya, the pavement I went down on was super rough. I'm a lot better this morning, no more headache; but my neck is KILLING me. I was thinking, since the damage was only at $6800, I should drag it behind a truck to destroy the other side...I want the 09 r1!!!

trent

The bike is replaceable but you arent.. Glad youre OK..
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

Dragone

Quote from: yzinger on April 18, 2009, 10:15:37 AM
Ya, the pavement I went down on was super rough. I'm a lot better this morning, no more headache; but my neck is KILLING me. I was thinking, since the damage was only at $6800, I should drag it behind a truck to destroy the other side...I want the 09 r1!!!

hahaha, yeah "only at $6800".  Good to hear that you are doing better.

yzinger

Update: It has been two weeks...TWO F*ING WEEKS. and they STILLLLL have not figured out what they are going to do. STAY AWAY FROM COUNTRY (sorry Zach). It is getting so rediculous, I have now got a lawyer involved because of the way country is handling this. So I have not been able to ride, and out my baby, for 14 days now. Rumor has it, HSBC does not like to let people keep their bikes if they get totalled. If that is the case, I will kill whoever tries to take it out of my garage. But in the event they do somehow get it, I will probably go to pick up an 09 R1. Only downside is I have never road a liter bike. Any people wanna give me some advise? Or anyone got a pos gixxer laying around I could try? I love you? oh well, back to paying attention in class :D :D

MotoPutz

I was just about to ask what the word is. I will buy it as a salvage for you and you can have it back. how about that?

yzinger

if you could buy it, then I could buy it. The issue is that (apparently) HSBC doesnt let people buy the bike bike back, they take it. if they do let me keep it, I have those bases covered. but if not, they up to a liter it is for me

Adiggity

Quote from: yzinger on April 30, 2009, 09:42:27 AM
  I will probably go to pick up an 09 R1. Only downside is I have never road a liter bike. Any people wanna give me some advise? Or anyone got a pos gixxer laying around I could try? I love you? oh well, back to paying attention in class :D :D
eeeeaasy on the throttle! You think that 600 put you on your head quick, wait till you try that on a 1000!! Glad you turned out ok. Sucks that some people are so inconsiderate on the road but that will never change.   :(