Main Menu

CHEAP TIRES

Started by yzinger, March 31, 2009, 03:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yzinger

Just thought some people would be interested in this deal.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=4874

SPL

All discontinued product which would be why they are a screamin deal.

These are GOOD tires but you will kill these 1 day on a track with the "PR3's"  (Super soft tire)
So the money savings really isnt worth it for a weekend as you will blow through the rears quickly.

PRC's are good fronts, these will last awhile.
Building Dreams One Bike At A Time!  775-825-4457

yzinger

I figured I would be able to stretch these out a little while, maybe sell one or two. I wanted something that offers tremendous grip, more-so then the 2ct's. I was able to get 8k on the 2cts with 4 trackdays. I will be happy with 2k a piece on these.

SPL

Yard Sale

So did the PR3 make it through the one trackday? Does the left side have any tread left?

yzinger

The PR3 was an AMAZING rear tire. VERY sticky, it was like riding on rails. I will never be found on the track with anything less then a race tire again. It still has at least 2 more days left on it. Easy. I road all day on sunday, in all 3 groups, and the tire held up like a champ. And why would the left side be bald? am I missing something? why do I get the feeling I just asked a really stupid question...

n10sive

were you instructing in all 3 groups or running pace?
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

yzinger

I was running pace in B all day, and moved to A at the end and ran that pace. On C I was "holding the leash" on my dumbass friends.

n10sive

so not riding them hard ALL the time then. Would make a difference I would think.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

SPL

Quote from: n10sive on April 14, 2009, 05:08:19 PM
so not riding them hard ALL the time then. Would make a difference I would think.

Exactly what I was trying to say.  If you were to run them hard (no offense yzinger) not doggin your skillz ; They would only last a weekend. You could probably get another weekend but you will start to notice those tires givin way.  Those particular tires lasted Brian and Justin one weekend.

yzinger

one day, or one weekend. Cause If I ran them hard for two days I would completly agree. which is why I went with the deal. I figure if I run them hard for 1/2 to 3/4 of a day, they would be a good investment. Regardless, the tires performed amazingly. When I roast them all, I will give those Pilot one's a try

SPL

Quote from: yzinger on April 14, 2009, 08:39:19 PM
one day, or one weekend. Cause If I ran them hard for two days I would completly agree. which is why I went with the deal. I figure if I run them hard for 1/2 to 3/4 of a day, they would be a good investment. Regardless, the tires performed amazingly. When I roast them all, I will give those Pilot one's a try

So it sounded like it worked out to your benefit. thats good.  DUDE YOU GOTTA TRY THE PR1'S!   I AM DROOLIN OVER THOSE THINGS!!! :o
I just cant afford them even at my price right now.

Yard Sale

Quote from: yzinger on April 14, 2009, 04:43:11 PM
The PR3 was an AMAZING rear tire. VERY sticky, it was like riding on rails. I will never be found on the track with anything less then a race tire again. It still has at least 2 more days left on it. Easy. I road all day on sunday, in all 3 groups, and the tire held up like a champ. And why would the left side be bald? am I missing something? why do I get the feeling I just asked a really stupid question...
Cool, glad it worked out for you. It's surprising because it has a reputation as a low-mileage, albeit super-sticky, sprint race tire. I gave up on the Power Races (5 and E, the most durable rears) when I would remove all the tread from the left side of the tire in a weekend on a 600 at RFR (mostly left turns).

The 1847C slick is holding up better. I'll have to try the Power One C from SPL, but the slick is my chosen rear for now.