Freestyle MXer Jeremy Lusk killed in competition

Started by Adiggity, February 10, 2009, 01:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adiggity

yzinger

NVKrawler

Hog Honey

Quote from: Superbike Performance Lab on February 11, 2009, 11:05:37 AM
This is terrible, look at the way they move him after the accident!!

Its to terrible to even watch more then once. But I am almost positive that he was gone on impact.

Rest in Peace, my prayers to his friend and family.  :'(

n10sive

Quote from: Superbike Performance Lab on February 11, 2009, 11:05:37 AM
This is terrible, look at the way they move him after the accident!!

I made a comment about that on another site. First 'medic' moved him without c-spine, then they RUN off the track bouncing him all around without having his head secured in the chocks. :(

Probably didn't make a difference by then, but I hate seeing such sloppy emergency work.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Justin

I know he was married, my thoughts are with her and the family.

I am more than qualified to offer analysis of the mechanism of injury and the way EMS handled the transfer and transport of the patient.  I'll take some time before I do that.

Justin

My EMS analysis (opinion)
He was dead before the first responder arrived at his side.
Airway-Breathing-Circulation-Deformity (c-spine)
Agonal respirations (reflex breathing that's not compatible with life) and Apnea (no breathing) would be very easy to assess given that he should have been breathing very heavily at the end of his performance. With either of these, all C-Spine immobilization bets are off.
While he was being secured to the board, I think his breathing and circulation were assessed by more advanced personnel who decided it appropriate to remove his helmet.  If they did that, they should have placed an o-p airway and given artificial resps. I suspect that they discovered he was pulseless and apneic once he was on the board.
The chances of traumatic cardiac arrest being reversed are pretty much zero (Oneup told me this did happen with his father, but I would need to see a rhythm strip to believe it, I love greg and trust him, but it is THAT rare)

If I were there, I would done one thing differently, for sure.  I would have had the ambulance back up to the crash sight to afford him some dignity.  I would have breathed for him, and done some chest compressions until I got permission to pronounce him dead (at the stadium) I do believe it would have been 'for show' and that no intervention could have changed the outcome.

Please know that I did not want to take away from the loss, by discussing ems.
DINO said it best.  RIP.

1960apache

RIP!!! I couldn't sleep last night after watching the video, I am not sure why anyone who rides a bike would want to watch! Horrible stuff!! But, we know the risk's of riding, on or off road etc. Reminds me of all the crazy stuff I used to do when I was 12-17, and riding dirt bikes, let alone the crazy stuff we do on the street! Thoughts like "Did I just do 175mph?" What was I thinking!!
Anyway, my thoughts go to the family, mostly the wife! I know mine tells me all the time "Be careful", my response, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, don't worry" Now we know why they worry so much!!
I am sure he loved what he did for a living, but maybe I am too old to justify the risk-vs-rewards, get the stunt right, you get a few cheers, get it wrong, numerous bad outcomes!!
Oh well, another sad day in Motorcycleland!
2005 BMW K1200S (US)
2007 BMW R1200RT (Thailand)
1995 Honda VFR400 (Thailand track bike)
2007 Yamaha Fino 115cc (Moped Thailand)

SPL

Hey guys the company I am working for is puttin on an event at Pearl. It would be cool if you would show up to the event. Ill be there running it.

Saturday Feburary 28th LIV FAST AND 56 SOLID presents a fund raiser for MX star Jeremy Lusk.

http://www.luskfmx.com/

A tragic accident took his life Feburary 12th and left his family behind. In honor of Jeremy ...
Pearl and Liv Fast 56 Solid will be putting on a fund raiser after the Arena Cross.

All the big name free style top riders will be at this event. Meet and greet and take shots with the riders. There will also be a video event put on by LIV FAST. All alcohol proceeds at the event will go to Jeremys family. A portion of the door cover will follow as well. There will be raffles and prizes given away.

www.56solid.com

20 dollar cover , of that cover 5 dollars goes to the foundation along with all the liquor sales. We will also be at the arenacross promoting it. You cant miss our 8 ft booth with the models! 

If you save your arenacross ticket that will count as an entry as well at Pearl.
Please take the time Saturday the 28th to make an appearance to benefit Jeremys family.
Building Dreams One Bike At A Time!  775-825-4457

MotoPutz

My wife and I should be able to make it, we will be at the arenacross that night too so we will try to stop by the booth. I hope this works out well.

SPL

Building Dreams One Bike At A Time!  775-825-4457