Main Menu

New track in Colorado

Started by Adiggity, July 16, 2008, 04:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adiggity

Here is a drawing with the actual elevation changes.

[attachment deleted by admin]

trent

Ive only been on the track once so far but this looks like fun to me.
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

Oneup

Quote from: scotinexcile on July 17, 2008, 09:35:08 PM
So why are they building the track on "stilts" like that? So it is more like a roller coaster?

Not sure what they're going to do about runoff.  Gaurdrails with lots of air fence? ;D
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Justin

70 feet.  i love the topo map.

Adiggity

Quote from: scotinexcile on July 17, 2008, 09:35:08 PM
So why are they building the track on "stilts" like that? So it is more like a roller coaster?
;D ;D ;D ;D

It so those who are afraid of heights can't come and ride.....duhh.....

weavefish

Hey Adiggity!!! guess what i just got in my email......

High Plains Raceway IS NOW REAL!!

GREAT NEWS!!!
Construction contracts have been signed
Earthwork begins next week
HPR will available for the 2009 season

TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS.  HPR is a GO!

Aug. 7th, 2008 will be remembered as the major milestone (among many) in the life of HPR.  Please read the details in the latest "What's Happening at HPR"  letter now posted on the website's News page.. 

Aug. 7th represents the day we've all been waiting for. Specifically, at long last, all the requirements for "Construction Release" have been met which allowed CAMA to let contracts and begin construction. This will mean having HPR available for the  2009 race season.

;D
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Yard Sale

USGPRU just raced there. Here are some comments and pictures:

QuoteThe track is great, alot of fun. Curbing and run-off will make it better but it's a great start.
QuoteAfter Saturday's winds, we were calling it "High Winds Raceway". The thin layer of dust off the race line made for some unpredictable crashes. I was beginning to wonder if anyone would finish the Moriwaki race. The boys said it felt like their fairing was going to blow off on the back straight. Excellent pavement and layout.
QuoteThe track layout was great. A little bit of everything. Technical turns, big ball turns, flowing turns, hard breaking turns and elevation changes that made VIR look flat. Very challenging and a big time workout. After just two days of riding I was whooped.
Quotethe track was actually FANTASTIC imo. really a great layout. there were a few dodgy spots w/ some traction/dirt issues but overall the pavement was smooth and nice. the elevation and corners really worked well and made for a fun lap.

the setting is still 'rustic', but it will come in time. that place has massive potential.
QuoteI think I heard you use the term "delicious" when describing the pavement. That's what happens when a bunch of motorcycle racers get together and build a track. Delicious pavement.

Rustic, heh. Kinda like Fernley with grass.

Adiggity

weavefish

hmmmm im going... its meant to be
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Justin

Quote from: Oneup on July 16, 2008, 05:01:19 PM
That looks like it will be a killer track.  Little far away though. . .
?
Drive to Miller Motorsport Park then keep driving (9 more hours)

Justin

No curbing. The run off and infield look dangerously uneven. It's windy and dusty and slippery "The thin layer of dust off the race line made for some unpredictable crashes. I was beginning to wonder if anyone would finish the Moriwaki race" It's an hour outside of a city, and i don't know how far from running water. 
I'm getting fired up!

Adiggity

I would honestly say we should wait for the track to develop a little more before we go, but it still looks like it will be fun.

Yard Sale

Prairie grass looks nice for crashing...

Oneup

02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Justin

Quote from: scotinexcile on June 11, 2009, 11:45:13 AM
Quote from: Oneup on June 11, 2009, 10:58:23 AM
Softer than sagebrush.

You would know  ;)

I'm sorry Greg, but this is easily the funniest thing I've read in recent history