Main Menu

SSA ride to AFM race at Thill July 6th

Started by Adiggity, June 23, 2008, 09:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoPutz

I was out of town, sorry, I would have loved to make it.    :-\

Resistor

It was a question.  Looked like there was a lot of interest in this...
2005 GSXR-600

Adiggity

Quote from: Resistor on July 07, 2008, 10:07:43 AM
It was a question.  Looked like there was a lot of interest in this...

Oh, ok. Yeah, that's what I thought too. Jerome was planning on coming but nobody responded to his post so he bailed too. He didn't want to ride down by himself, but last I heard before Sunday night was to have a designated SSA cooler for you guys with water and Gatorade. I came through on my end......

The only one I saw was oneup, but he doesn't count. He's a bay area FREAK now, and he is doing the PTT day there today. Speaking of, is he still allowed to be an SSA member?  :P

Dandelion

Oh damn :( so nobody went to be the cheering section?  That sucks.  How was the race Andy?

Adiggity

Quote from: Dandelion on July 07, 2008, 01:38:18 PM
Oh damn :( so nobody went to be the cheering section?  That sucks.  How was the race Andy?
They were good. H-O-T hot but good none the less.

Oneup

Quote from: Adiggity on July 07, 2008, 10:50:07 AM

The only one I saw was oneup, but he doesn't count. He's a bay area FREAK now, and he is doing the PTT day there today. Speaking of, is he still allowed to be an SSA member?  :P

Look who's talking!  When was the last time you showed up to an SSA ride or track day?  Oh, and dropping your truck and trailer off for the day doesn't count as showing up. ;D
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Oneup

To everyone who didn't show up on Sunday(that would be pretty much every non racing member) you missed out on some of the best racing I have ever seen.  I have spectated at all of the AFM events this year with the exception of Buttonwillow and I must say Sunday was by far the best.  Andy did a great job and pulled a 4th place start and ended up 6th in Formula 1!  Also the Formula Pacific race was by far the best race I have ever personally seen.  Cory Call and David Stanton diced it up for all eight laps.  There were multiple lead changes in the last lap.  It was incredible.  Too bad you missed it.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Adiggity

Quote from: Oneup on July 07, 2008, 08:05:12 PM
Look who's talking!  When was the last time you showed up to an SSA ride or track day?  Oh, and dropping your truck and trailer off for the day doesn't count as showing up. ;D
Hey man, I rode the coast ride last year and I rode for one session before going to Sacramento on our first trackday of the year this year. So neener neener. Face, face.

When's the last time you went to an SSA trackday and DIDN'T crash wearing a yellow shirt?!!! Now that is an instructor I want!!  :D  :D

Justin

Andy, Oneup was just showing proper crash/bike down procedures.  Yes, he's THAT dedicated.

n10sive

Hey...oneup successfully passed his NRS today! Congrats Greg!!!
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

A DRAGON

Andy I know you understand for me not showing up. I still feel like a heal. We need to make a better effort to show up for Sunday rides. I hope it gets better soon.  Thanks for the water and Gatorade. That's just so tight our guys aren't showing up.  This Track Crack is getting the best of the street guys.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Adiggity

Quote from: A DRAGON on July 16, 2008, 05:56:14 AM
Andy I know you understand for me not showing up. I still feel like a heal. We need to make a better effort to show up for Sunday rides. I hope it gets better soon.  Thanks for the water and Gatorade. That's just so tight our guys aren't showing up.  This Track Crack is getting the best of the street guys.
It's all gravy baby.  :)

Quote from: n10sive on July 12, 2008, 07:16:18 PM
Hey...oneup successfully passed his NRS today! Congrats Greg!!!

Nice work Greg. Congrats.