Main Menu

Everyone should read this.

Started by Adiggity, July 13, 2009, 10:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adiggity

This is an awesome write up! Any one of us should be able to relate to this.

http://www.socalrpm.com/SoCal_Web/News/Evolution/evolution.html

MotoPutz

That makes me laugh!!!  So True...

Rooster

I'm not sure if I should be upset or happy that there is nothing Honda about a YZF Ninja GSXR-1...

cobra23

That is just to dam cool.

I remember reading stuff like that in the 1979-80 era. I was starting out. It is amazing that it never changes. Well actually I had people trying to give me basket case Harleys..yea they were worthless back then (not 20K). Really though it is the same.

I tell anyone that is starting out, you will not meet a cooler bunch of people than the true Motrocycle group, harley or otherwise.

In Seattle, the nicest guy at the track the most humble respectful guy in the paddock, is Mike Sullivan. you may not recognize the name, but he was number one Formula Extreme rider at one time. He also raced Lawson, Rainey, Schwantz. all those guys. He has been at it for thirty years.

He will talk to you, he is just the coolest. Also the fastest. It's just that way with the true riders.

I say it's required reading for any new rider. Good post thanks!!

bebasallo

+1  8) Good read. Very very good...

Adiggity

Quote from: cobra23 on July 13, 2009, 08:31:07 PM

In Seattle, the nicest guy at the track the most humble respectful guy in the paddock, is Mike Sullivan. you may not recognize the name, but he was number one Formula Extreme rider at one time. He also raced Lawson, Rainey, Schwantz. all those guys. He has been at it for thirty years.

He will talk to you, he is just the coolest. Also the fastest. It's just that way with the true riders.
I actually do know the name. Never had the chance to meet him though. It's always funny how the people who can walk the walk are rarely the ones to talk. Most of the time in any sport the guy who knows he's good doesn't have to say anything about it.

XIII

I guess I missed the first step of doing wheelies and burnouts though I am guilty of hanging out at popular spots from time to time back then... ;D

cobra23

If you ever get the chance to meet Sully (Mike Sullivan) you will be impressed.

And you are spot om correct. the talkers never seem to be the best of the best.

tmylynn

Great read... and so true!

Tammy

Timegrommet

The YZF Ninja GSXR-1 is the best bike I ever owned....LOL. great read.

D1NO

Quote from: Timegrommet on July 15, 2009, 09:12:21 AM
The YZF Ninja GSXR-1 is the best bike I ever owned....LOL. great read.

Limited Edition only!!! It was probably pink and yellow like Joey's FZR... Great read!

weavefish

yea that was awesome.... i never got into the wheelie thing but hey i just traded in my car for a truck lol  :D
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

MotoPutz

Quote from: weavefish on July 16, 2009, 09:34:18 AM
yea that was awesome.... i never got into the wheelie thing but hey i just traded in my car for a truck lol  :D

I learned wheelies and stoppies when I got my bike. I don't see anything wrong with them if thats the direction you want to go with them. Stunting is a valid sport in my opinion. I still enjoy a wheelie or stoppie when I can when not endangering others...

BIG SPLASH

jbyrd gixxen