Main Menu

BMW S1000RR

Started by n10sive, December 29, 2008, 03:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

A chain???? Yikes!  Someone at BMW is finally seeing the light.  As another smart person in marketing is seeing the average age of their riders slowly increasing toward dead. :D

Justin

Anyone know the cost of scheduled services?
That would keep me out of their product.  Ducati guys are used to it, but I don't see many switching out their brand.

D1NO

Quote from: Justino on December 29, 2008, 09:53:18 PM
That would keep me out of their product.  Ducati guys are used to it, but I don't see many switching out their brand.

OUCH!! ;) But I would really like to see this and the RSV4 in person ;D
Who's our local BMW dealer?

JetdocX

Sierra BMW in bumb fooked Sparks is our local guy.  You gotta really want to find it to find it.

Cost of service?  Think high enough to want to do it yourself. ;)

n10sive

you know...instead of getting married to get abused and spend lots of money, you could always just buy a BMW  ;D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Oneup

Quote from: n10sive on December 29, 2008, 11:40:16 PM
you know...instead of getting married to get abused and spend lots of money, you could always just buy a BMW  ;D

I don't need to buy a BMW, trackdays take care of that for me. :)
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Justin

Quote from: D1NO on December 29, 2008, 10:35:00 PM

I'm just saying their are people who don't mind a pricey bike with expensive service costs. But those people are very satisfied with their amazing and distinct Italian works of art.  I love Ducati's.  Duc will be my next track bike .  They are just too cool. 
Ducati's are like that girl in high school you really, really wanted.
The one that seems to say "F*@$ You" and "Come here" at the same time.

If I could go back in time, I wouldn't attend a high school in Germany.

D1NO

Now you tell me your words of wisdom!?  ;D Thanks Dale...

D1NO

Quote from: Justino on December 30, 2008, 01:09:13 AM
Quote from: D1NO on December 29, 2008, 10:35:00 PM

I'm just saying their are people who don't mind a pricey bike with expensive service costs. But those people are very satisfied with their amazing and distinct Italian works of art.  I love Ducati's.  Duc will be my next track bike .  They are just too cool. 
Ducati's are like that girl in high school you really, really wanted.

If I could go back in time, I wouldn't attend a high school in Germany.

But I got that girl in high school... j/k.... Good to know your doing ok over there and making new friends Justin..

z1rider

Love this quote!
Happy New Year Justin!

1960apache

Hey come on guys, easy on BMW, I have had 5 so far since I was 38 (so not exactly ready for social security) and have no complaints and the service costs are not that bad, but I don't think anything can compare with the Japanese as far as needing very little service. I currently have a K1200S, which is their current inline 4 sportbike, for the power, speed, comfort and handling, I feel it is more than worth the extra cost over other bikes on the market.(Busa, ZX-14 etc.) if anyone ever gets a chance to ride a K1200S like they stole it (usually how I ride mine) you would have a totally different view! Seriously, I can ride 700 mile days, keep up with Busa's and Litre bikes etc, and the ABS has saved my butt many, many times on sand, broken pavement etc! Anyway, I am very excited about the S1000RR, and after following the development, and how they are doing in the races, I think it is a great bike for their first attempt at a sportbike! I htink this is a very competitive year for litre bikes, so I am curious to see how it does in the real world bike comparisons! And just when I was falling in love with the all green ZX-10! Too many bikes and so little time!
2005 BMW K1200S (US)
2007 BMW R1200RT (Thailand)
1995 Honda VFR400 (Thailand track bike)
2007 Yamaha Fino 115cc (Moped Thailand)

nvgixxer

Good info dale........wish you had told me that 35 years ago!!  ;D
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

nvgixxer

Quote from: 1960apache on January 01, 2009, 09:42:40 AM
Seriously, I can ride 700 mile days, keep up with Busa's and Litre bikes etc,
You can stay up with a Busa??? Well, all I can say to that is.................................OK........and no further comment!  ;D
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

1960apache

Quote from: nvgixxer on January 01, 2009, 05:14:20 PM
Quote from: 1960apache on January 01, 2009, 09:42:40 AM
Seriously, I can ride 700 mile days, keep up with Busa's and Litre bikes etc,
You can stay up with a Busa??? Well, all I can say to that is.................................OK........and no further comment!  ;D

Ughh, I should have known a Busa rider would turn this into a urinating match :o (just playing guys). Obviously most of the motorcycle riding world knows the top speed of a Busa, but how often, and where do you ride at 180+mph? Anyway, that wasn't the point of my response, I was just defending BMW. Here is a good comparison among all the good and bad reviews of all bikes! We all think whatever we ride is the best brand out there, so it is pretty much useless to convert someone!
2005 BMW K1200S (US)
2007 BMW R1200RT (Thailand)
1995 Honda VFR400 (Thailand track bike)
2007 Yamaha Fino 115cc (Moped Thailand)