Main Menu

ALWAYS stay alert and ready for the unexpected!!!

Started by nvgixxer, July 16, 2008, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvgixxer

Ebbetts was closed on Sunday, but is again open. My bro Mike on his ZRX1100 Kawa and me had intended to do Ebbetts today, but we got no farther than 1/2 mile south of the Monitor Pass turnoff. I was in front, Mike following, doing the speed limit! I enter the left hander at above noted location, see an older junked out looking Ford Ranger coming at me from the opposite direction, noticed he was kinda close to the double yellow................he was either drunk, drugged up or asleep, because he drifted over into our lane right after I passed and if Mike hadn't headed for the dirt shoulder, it would have been real nasty! Mike lost it, rolled to about 10 foot of the cliff, bike totalled. Mike got bruised up a bit, and is OK (he was geared up). A passerby stopped and helped us lift the bike up. After a few minutes it finally started and we limped on in to the Alpine Sheriff's office in Markleville and had them fill out a report and fax it on over to the CHP for insurance purposes, etc.. At that time they put out an APB to watch for that SOB idiot in the pickup! Anyway, Mike was able to limp her on in to the Ranchos in Gardnerville, where he lives. We both realized the outcome could have been much worse. So guys and gals, as I know you have heard a hundred times before, ALWAYS stay alert and be ready for the unexpected, it does happen occasionally.
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

trent

Sorry to hear about your buddies bike but at least he is ok. I was out last Sunday and was cut off like 5 different times within an hour. Its like people have a never ending "STUPID PILL" prescription.
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

MotoPutz

I just figured everyone is like that all the time. I'm glad Mike was ok. Gear is good.

n10sive

sorry to hear of your guys mishap :(

I have had a similar run in in the same spot with a Harley who cut the lane. It's a bad spot.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Timex

Glad to hear Mike was OK.  The same thing happened to me and another Mike on Sunday.  He's the one with the new Aprilia.  Going into a left hander on Ice House, and a truck was wide.  Mike went off the road and really messed up his bike.  He's ok aswell, but always asume that on a blind turn there's a car coming the opposite way!

Ride safe!

JENX!!!

DAM!!! sorry to hear that., glad you guys were ok.....
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

Justin

This is going to be a very highly contested post. I am paraphrasing an article where a trauma doctor was quoted.

When a car injures a motorcyclist, the injuries are always the rider's fault.
The doctor blames the riders for choosing to enter a very dangerous environment.  The driver of a car is enshrouded in a protective cage weighing thousands of pounds, equipped with crumple zones and airbags and any motorcycle rider that chooses to share the same roads is engaging in para-suicidal behavior and is ultimately responsible for his/her injuries or death.

n10sive

Hell...my MOM is responsible for my death! She brought me into this world, and now I have to DIE to get out of it! :)
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike