Main Menu

RocketRider, what's your plan Stan!

Started by GreenMachine, May 28, 2014, 03:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Last I remember you were hauling the bike off to a dismantler.   Are you going to be able to ride at all this summer or is that no longer in your financial cards?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RocketRider

The engine I picked up was a dud...I've never seen corrosion on a cylinder like that before, much less nikasil.

The pick n pull has been searching for a good engine for me but has had zero success. They've got til Friday to find me one or I'm gonna just ask to return it for a full refund. I see several engines on ebay, gonna try that route next. What ever I pickup I will install forged pistons so it'll survive the abuse  :thumbup

The time is coming...even if slowly. I'll update the thread in the garage section when I finally get an update :)
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

288RR

GreenMachine

Quote from: 288cbr on May 28, 2014, 07:18:35 PM
Hurry up!    ;D
:D

Good update RR.  So a rebuild is still in the works then.  That opens the door to you riding as soon as an engine becomes available, just about. 

I still think you need to work out how to lower the compression ratio down into the 8.5:1 range to improve reliability.  For some reason I envision compressed water at 11.5:1 and 6 - 10 pounds of boost.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RocketRider

Im gonna give you a fluid dynamics lesson when I get back lol.

And yes, since I'm getting forged pistons I also have the opportunity to lower compression at the same time, targeting 9:1 but we'll see what's available.
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

GreenMachine

Quote from: RocketRider on May 29, 2014, 06:12:46 PM
Im gonna give you a fluid dynamics lesson when I get back lol.

And yes, since I'm getting forged pistons I also have the opportunity to lower compression at the same time, targeting 9:1 but we'll see what's available.
Anytime I can learn something new, I'm all for it.