Main Menu

Black Friday motorcycle gear. POST HERE.

Started by GreenMachine, November 25, 2013, 09:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

I've been successful shopping online for good quality discounted gear during this annual holiday.  If I find something I'll post it up and would be encouraged by seeing what other deals you guys are finding. 

There's enough to go around and we are but a small group.  I believe we'll start finding door busters sometime on Wednesday night.  I'll have my Google eyes and ears open for opportunities to share.  That goes for local retail deals as well!  :angel
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dr1150

Thanks GM, keep up the good work.
Happy holidays
"You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot
o' experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you
empty the pot of luck."

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Am I over analyzing this or was Black Friday lame?  Comparatively speaking, there were a few deals on other stuff, but nothing bike related.  >:(

I'll keep looking though.  Maybe there will be something coming down the pipe on Cyber Monday.

dub

I got about five hundred black friday emails from moto e-retailers. There were ads all over facebook and my forums. Cycle Gear, SoloMotoParts, Motorcycle Superstore, Sportbike Track Gear, Riders Discount, Chaparral Motorsports, MotoMummy, MotoSport and Competition Accessories all had black friday sales.
I'm still getting emails this morning saying black friday sales have been extended. It was obnoxious and I'm glad it's over. Just have to make it through the barage of cyber monday ads.
I bought a few things that I couldn't resist; nothing big, just dirt bike gear ($8 jerseys!) and a helmet ($55 scorpion exo-1000!).
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

:-\  Link?

It's Monday!  I'll be searching for deals today.  If anything turns up, I'll post the links.

dub

dub

dub

GreenMachine

Nice links dub!  Saw the helmets, but all they had remaining were smalls and x-sm.  I searched the other sites, including some others and still didn't find anything I couldn't live without or that was a great deal like your EXO.

Still have a couple hours to go.

GreenMachine

Skunked.  Didn't buy anything bike related from Thursday - Monday.   :-[

RenoRider75

Me either.  But, I also figure this time of year is perfect for closeouts and deals in the off-season.

The 650 is getting lots of love over the winter.  I have the service manual and as I'm working through the "check all fasteners for proper tightness" routine, I found a few that had vibrated loose and were way below spec.  So now, each one is getting removed, Loc-Tite added, and re-torqued to factory spec.  Oh, and a new rear tire, too.  First one lasted 5,500 miles, but I'm not sure if that's good or not.

See you guys in the Spring!   ;D

dub

Quote from: RenoRider75 on December 05, 2013, 03:46:17 PM...Oh, and a new rear tire, too.  First one lasted 5,500 miles, but I'm not sure if that's good or not.

Depends on what kind of tire it was.

RenoRider75

I think it was a Dunlop SportMax.  I'm looking at Dunlop Q3's as the replacement.  Before I buy anything, do you guys have any suggestions or favorite tires?