Main Menu

bike nite info?

Started by squirrel, July 01, 2013, 11:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirrel

ok I am a FNG and am trying to figure out what day the bike nite actually is. one link says Wednesday and another says Tuesday. also approximately what time is the usual gathering?

GreenMachine

The correct one would be for Wednesday at PJ's.*  PJ's has their own deal, so there's no formal SSA group, just riders of all sorts.  A brief history.  We once held the SSA Bike Night at La Vecchia's on Moana & So. Virginia.  There were give-aways which really drove attendance numbers up and there were a high percentage of attendees who were mostly track riders.  When La Vecchia's moved, RFR went through bankruptcy, track riders split off to form their own group and the give-aways stopped, so did most of the attendance.  People moved on or moved away...you know.  Life.  Very similar to what you see on this forum.  There are a lot of members, but you won't see or hear from them on a regular basis.

What you'll find at PJ's is about 80% HDs, 10% classics, and about 10% sportbikes.   I've only been out twice this season.  Seems like every time I should be out there, something comes up or I'm double-booked.

*I'll have to find the one referencing Tuesdays and correct it.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

squirrel

thanks GM. hey the Tuesday reference part is under becoming a member of ssa at the bottom of the page.

GreenMachine

Thank you.  I fixed it.

I do my best to maintain this site, but as with everything, some things slip through the cracks.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.