Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Brakes

Started by apmech74, January 08, 2013, 02:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apmech74

Ok its official ive worn my brakes completly out  any suggestions on new ones  best for the price and performance   please help  so many choices

GreenMachine

What everyone recommends for sportbikes and I use are EBC sintered HH pads.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

apmech74

how about for the discs front and rear

GreenMachine

Oops.  I read into your post wrong.  Can't tell you which rotors are best.  I'm sure there are some materials better than others, but not sure if there's a difference between rotors of similar material makeup.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RedLeader

.....How did you wear your rotors out??? I've got about 40k miles of hard riding on mine and they are good. Rotors often need to be bead blasted to resurface them. The only time rotors really need to be replaced are when the buttons wear out, if they are bent or large groves develop.
"Why are motorcycle dealers closed on Sundays? Because Sunday is for worship... Catholics go to church, Motorcyclists go to the track." -Justin Skalka