Main Menu

AMA @ Infineon Raceway 05.16.09 & 05.17.09

Started by risinson18, April 17, 2009, 11:37:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Monday Post -  Great weekend!!
That was some of the most competitive racing I've seen state side.  Uncharacteristically hot for Sears Point though. Saw Dragon there getting autographs and went over for the meet up at turn 9, but nobody showed.  Probably because the seating was in the searing heat (no shade), so I don't blame anyone.  Watching the Superbike race from turn 9 was awesome, Mladin and company would wheel skip the front of the bike over the downhill crest, then skip the rear tire going into the turn.  :o

The biggest non-surprise was the $20 two lap parade for anyone who wanted to tour the track. Yeah, you know what's coming...  Someone mid-pack decided to exhibit how fast they were, going past the start/finish line, crashing into another bike, then the carnage from that took out another innocent bystander exiting turn one.  :-[ From the grandstands you could see what was coming; bunched up riders wanting to show off and REALLY get their $20's worth.  I hope nobody got seriously injured.  I think there were 4 riders and three bikes involved.  Fortunately the ride after the race down 37 was the tamest I've ever seen after a race and the ride home on Hwy 50/28/I-80 was uneventful.  No one in my group of four got tickets and no incidents.  Just a lot of safe-and-sane fun.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Sheldontoxicman

Man I am Jealous. I should have gone. Souns like I missed out on some fun and I hate when that happens.  >:(

Adiggity

Quote from: Gangplank on May 18, 2009, 08:25:24 AM
The GF loved it...  So I think we're going to others around. Where is the next race?? Nice!  ;D
Miller in two weeks. But that would be WSBK. Even better racing!!

Glad to hear you all had fun.  :)

risinson18

now were you guys at turn 9 OR SECTION 9  cause i was there and no one else was!!!.
but yess it was a good couple of days of racing.
i got photos and video and will post them here latter on.

BovineFreedom

So there were SSA people at turn 9 on Sunday? Ended up scrounging a broken umbrella out of a trashcan and making it work to keep us out of the shade. Guess I will have to go on a few rides so that I can recognize someone next time :)
Keep the rubber side down.

MotoPutz

Quote from: BovineFreedom on May 18, 2009, 10:01:57 PM
So there were SSA people at turn 9 on Sunday? Ended up scrounging a broken umbrella out of a trashcan and making it work to keep us out of the shade. Guess I will have to go on a few rides so that I can recognize someone next time :)

LOL

cobra23

Many thanks for the EZ up!!

Mrs. and I were there at turn 9 Sunday, good day, got to talk to Danny Eslick and Michael Barnes. Watched the Moto GP race on the big screen tele in the Buell area, bought Jamie Hackings gloves at the charity auction.

We will be at Miller for WSB, I am gonna put the SSA sticker (it's humungus) Jerome insisted I take form the booth ar BVH open house day, on the back of the travel trailer. If it is nearly as hot at Miller as it was at Infineon, we will have shade, Chairs cold drinks and such.

Any of you in the SSA are invited to stop by.

Jerome if you have a banner I would like to borrow it, put that on the trailer as well.

cobra23

EH he he Dont get mad Alberto.....

Visited my sister in Navato on Sat, went to races Sunday ...

I took this photo for you........ Alberto!!

My sister inadvertantly coined my bike a "Paste Rocket". First she says oh you ride one of those rice rockets? I had to correct her, remind her the Ducati is made in Italy; so she a says oh so it's a Pasta rocket!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]