Main Menu

08-21/22 photos. Are they online?

Started by GreenMachine, August 22, 2010, 06:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Quote from: Qwik on August 24, 2010, 02:41:21 PM
GM Twist of the wrist ll is I was speaking of so if the vid doesn't click with you I have the book you can read.
You're giving away your secrets. 

I'm thinking I've fallen into an ol' dog new tricks paradox, but happily I'm recognizing it.

Old habits will be hard to break, but I'm willing to learn, if it makes me fast like that kid in red.  ;)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

sparkygixxer

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 24, 2010, 05:58:02 PM
Old habits will be hard to break, but I'm willing to learn, if it makes me fast like that kid in red.  ;)
GM, I'm seriously contemplating race shifting.  There were so many times I wanted to shift up to another gear while leaning and would be so much easier if I could tap down the shifter rather than move my toe to get under it and pull up.  Nearly 34 years of riding stock...tried it once and almost ate $hit a few times so I stopped.  But I think that this is a horse I gotta try to get back on again. 
That being said...I'm gonna have a bit of a roller coaster ride retraining muscle memory.  Old dog...new trick...we'll see.

jlavallee

What ever works so if "race" shifting is helping you, it is good. I've tried it but unless the street bikes were converted too it is just another thing to remember. Mat Mladin used "street" shift his whole career so I figure it is not a huge deal for me.

I like the "twist" books but this latest DVD was a big let down. That was my take anyway.

pizza

speeeking of reverse/GP/race shifting look who rode on two of those bikes this weekend!!

pizza on 2wcp steve's bike

{insert pic of pizza riding alberto's bike here! lol}
WARNING: fast Buell, slow owner!

Boulevard Pizza- The freshest thin crust pizza in Sparks.

pizza

hey look!! steve on my bike!! haha who would have ever thought after that much trash talking the buell, he's throw down some hot lap on it!?

proof!!

n10sive

so that was you on the Buell eh? Scared the CRAP out of me when you pulled up behind me on the grid. That thing is LOUD! LOL
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

pizza

Quote from: n10sive on August 25, 2010, 02:47:59 PM
so that was you on the Buell eh? Scared the CRAP out of me when you pulled up behind me on the grid. That thing is LOUD! LOL

you can hear it coming from like 3 turns away ive realized!

and yes, thats my pile.

n10sive

Quote from: pizza on August 25, 2010, 03:46:20 PM
you can hear it coming from like 3 turns away ive realized!

and yes, thats my pile.

3 turns? :o Kind of reminded me of up in tahoe when you can hear the jet boats from across the lake ;D

I wouldn't call it a pile though. I looked it over a few times :)

Actually, I said to Alberto "What's that behind me a Ducati?" He laughed. I was wondering why until I turned around LOL
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Team Gorgonzola

I got to ride that "pile" and it was a great surprise; light handling, gobs of power (different than my Duc) and overall a great track package. Thanks Tony for letting me ride it (even dragged a knee) ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-