Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

New to motorcycles

Started by mobius, August 12, 2012, 05:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobius

I just bought my first motorcycle, a showroom new 2009 Ducati Monster 696.  I'm looking to find a group to ride with who can tolerate a beginner.  I might stop by on the 18th to say hello. =]

Shaykie

Welcome.
Now i'm not the newest member on the site  ;D

mobius

Thanks!

We all start somewhere.

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

mobius

mobius

Here is another pic of the 696. This was taken the day I bought it.

n10sive

btw, did you buy that from Michael's?  I sure hope they gave you a good deal!

My wife was looking at that same type of bike there a few months ago. Was a 2008 and they wanted FULL RETAIL for it. Problem was that as soon as you take it off the floor it's value dropped by $5,000 (it instantly becomes an used 2008). They wouldn't deal with us on the price.

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

mobius

Sorry to hear your wife couldn't get a good deal on the 08.  Did she end up getting one from somewhere else?

Michael's stuck me with full retail on a 2009 scooter last year.  They put together a pretty good deal on the 696 though. :)

n10sive

we walked away from Michaels. They have always had shitty service as far as I'm concerned. Sales people there could care less. She was standing there with cash in hand and NOBODY would help her. Just the one guy who said "this is the price". We asked if there was someone we could talk to and he said he would send someone over. Half hour later with no service we walked out.

Glad to hear you got a good deal though!
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Team Gorgonzola

Hey Mobius, welcome to the club.....
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

mobius

22SLOW

Welcome Mobius....another Ducati rider yaaaa!! ;D

mobius

@22SLOW

Yep, thanks! What do you ride?

288RR

22SLOW

Mobius...I ride an 08 1098s.  Hope to see you out there once the weather cools a bit :)