Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Just moved to Reno

Started by Mel, April 24, 2012, 09:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel

Hey guys,

My wife and I just moved to Reno a few months ago and I found this site the other day. I'm looking forward to meeting fellow riders in the area and exploring some new backroads. I came from Capitola, CA and had all the Santa Cruz mountains and the central coast to play in. I started riding on the street in 1964 on a Honda 50, and raced dirttrack and scrambles in the late 60's and early 70's. I bought the first Yamaha RD350 in Santa Cruz back in Jan 1973, and have been on the backroads ever since with many bikes over the years. I am currently riding an old man's sportbike  :), a Yamaha FZ6 that is set up to work fairly decent in the twisties. Definately used to be a hooligan in my younger years, but have gotten older and wiser and now keep it on the sane side  :). Hoping to make the May 5th ride to VC and Six Mile Canyon and meet some of you all. In searching through the forum, I saw where you have bike nights starting in May. Will there be one next week?

n10sive

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

GreenMachine

:welcome  The first week of May has traditionally been the start for SSA Bike Nights and usually a chilly one at that.  I don't know what PJ & Company's Bike Night schedule is, but I'm sure by May it will be in full swing.   Don't let that stop you from testing the waters over there. 

Hope to see you on some of our future rides.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019