Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Reno newbie

Started by onaFlyer, January 03, 2012, 09:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onaFlyer

Hello all, relatively new to Reno from Tahoe via Sonoma.  Longtime sportbike rider and former AFM'er.  Trying to get back into more than just commuting since we are having spring in the middle of winter.  I sell auto parts for a living.
Cheers,
Drew

Bigcat

Woohoo. Newbies. Welcome :banana2

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

cobra23

onaFlyer

Quote from: cobra23 on January 03, 2012, 08:35:34 PM
Welcome Drew !!

Thanks.  I should mention my ride, 2006 Suzuki GSXR 750, blue & white.

So who knows a good Duc tech?  Friend just got a 998? Monster, might need a little tune.

cobra23

Sadly we are running short on the DUC techs around here. Alberto knows who is who, and what kind of work they do. i had Ed at Dyna Reno doing my work, but Ed passed away a few months ago.

When you find one let me know. Steve at @ Wheel Custom performance can do the work, I have had him working on my project bike, he is pretty good. I have not had Steve working on the DUC yet.

GreenMachine

:picspics  We'll need pics of the 750.

:welcome
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

onaFlyer

From Fernley a few years ago.

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

cobra23

Quote from: onaFlyer on January 04, 2012, 04:12:56 PM
Quote from: cobra23 on January 03, 2012, 08:35:34 PM
Welcome Drew !!

Thanks.  I should mention my ride, 2006 Suzuki GSXR 750, blue & white.

So who knows a good Duc tech?  Friend just got a 998? Monster, might need a little tune.

Dyna Reno on 4th street is open again, Fridays, and Saturdays. Ed passed away, and now his son has the shop re-open. Ed new more about Ducati than any Dealer tech I have paid, Chris his son must be as well versed.

Team Gorgonzola

I also know an ex Duc Tech that knows his way around a monster. Chris has been working on my Ducs as well. Both gentleman are on the up&up. Shoot me an email if you need more info.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

onaFlyer

Thanks for the info, I'll pass it on.

sparkygixxer