Main Menu

Fresh pavement on Monitor and Ebbetts Passes

Started by nvgixxer, June 20, 2015, 05:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvgixxer

Hi gang! Last Sunday I rode Monitor and was pleasantly surprised to have met up with Monica and Laura in Markleeeville.
Anyway, the Sierra FOGs and I did Monitor and Sonora Passes this past Wednesday and it's nice to see a fresh overlay on Monitor and not to have to worry about gooey tar snakes for a while. Took a ride down to Murphy's yesterday and Ebbetts also has a new surface and fresh shoulder stripes. I'll keep watch on this site for any plans of you guys headed down this way so I can join up!
Ride safe kids!

Jimbo   
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

RichVee4

Yea, I was away at work and I received this pic of Monica and Laura and Jimbo.   First question I asked was if you passed them on Monitor, but I guess you both saw each other in Markleeville.  Now I really wish I could have gone.  There will be other chances to meet up this summer.  Good to hear from you!!

Live long and prosper \V/

nvgixxer

Hey Rich,

The girls saw me passing through Markleeville and waved me down when we met.
Nice new pavement on Monitor and same for Ebbetts (I rode Ebbetts yesterday) and did Sonora with the FOGs on Wednesday. Ahhhh yes, retirement is great!  ;D
Looking forward to seeing you guys soon. That new Street Triple of Monica's looks killer!
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

GreenMachine

Thanks Jimbo!

If you're keeping watch, our next ride just so happens to be Monitor.  Although, I'm not sure if I'll be able to make this ride.  I already have other commitments. 

Always a pleasure riding with you.  I'm sure if not this coming weekend, then sometime here soon.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

On further study, I'm going to cancel the ride to Markleeville.  The news here says Monitor Pass is closed, as well as, areas around hwy 4 up to Ebbetts.  

You'd know better than I, but it sounds like any ride to that region would be ill advised.  Therefore, I'm going to open up the weekend for whatever ride people desire to do.  Perhaps a short VC run and/or ride over to Tahoe before the holiday traffic gets too crazy.
QuoteUPDATE - Firefighters say about 6,500 acres have burned in a wildfire burning about eight miles south of Markleeville, California, which is south of Nevada's Douglas County.

The Washington fire is on the west side of Highway 4 and has required an evacuation from the river up to the north end of Markleeville, CA.

According to Sierra Front Fire Agency, it is a high priority to protect the town of Markleeville.

All visitors and campers from Wolfcreek to the top of Ebbitts Pass have been evacuated.

The entire fire area is under extreme winds and is continuing short uphill runs and single tree/group torching.

Highway 88, Monitor Pass, is closed at the junction with Highway 395 and highway 4 is closed near the fire.

Five residences are threatened and evacuated and 15 historic cabins threatened. There is no evacuation center set-up at this time.

The fire is burning in a northeast direction.
KOLOTV.COM
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.