Main Menu

Calling Dub!

Started by Mel, June 08, 2015, 09:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel

Hey Dub,

I got some new goat roads I want to check out and am looking for someone to check them out with. You are the obvious choice with your Triumph and maybe the only one on SSA that is willing to go on the really bumpy and dirty goat roads. You may have already ridden these roads and can give me your take on them. I have google mapped these roads with the satellite view until I was blue in the face, and they seemed to be paved, with certain sections that are probably dirt!

The first roads are off of North South Rd coming up from Omo Ranch Rd. Going up N/S Rd you would take a right on Caldor Logging Rd which is also 8N44. Take Caldor all the way until you cross the Middle Fork Cosumnes River and then continue on Cat Creek Rd which runs all the way down to Hwy 88. As you are checking this out in the map mode, it can get a little confusing, as Caldor Logging Rd/8N44 goes in more than one direction, the same as Cat Creek Rd. It's like a maze finding your way down to 88 on these roads, but I know you will figure out the route ;)! The best I can figure is that these roads are paved the whole way, but maybe not!

The second section of roads are off of Hwy 88 and head to the south. Get off on Panther Creek Rd and take it down and turn right onto Salt Springs Reservoir Rd which you then take all the way across and turn left onto Tiger Creek Rd which takes you back to 88. It looks like dirt for a ways before and after the Salt Springs/Tiger Creek junction, but Tiger Creek definitely turns to pavement out to 88. Again, I'm sure you will find your way on the Google maps with the satellite view.

Well, these are the roads I want to check out and as you obviously know, it's really hard to tell if there are any gated sections, but I guess that's the fun of exploring and finding new roads. Unfortunately, I seem to be working most weekends, so it would more than likely have to be a weekday ride. Let me know if you're up for it and this also goes for anyone else on here that wants a taste of adventure 8)!

dub

I'm in. But I'm a weekend warrior, so I can't do weekday rides.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Mel

Sounds good Dub 8)! I'll let you know when I get a weekend day off and we'll go for it!

dub

I'm free for a ride 6/27, or maybe July 4th weekend.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019