Main Menu

Back On Board

Started by Mel, June 06, 2015, 09:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel

Hey guys,

Took a break from the forum for awhile with work and some projects taking up my time. Instead of posting on the individual threads that I missed, I will catch up on them in this thread ;).

The Oregon Or Bust Ride...happy to hear there were no incidents and everyone had a great time 8)!

GM and SL, I have done the full length of Silver Fork Rd from Morman Imigrant Trail to Hwy 50 and it was ok, but there are other goat roads that I like much better.

Knee Down thread...I admire all the detail you went to GM with the photos and miles of text, but I see there was only one reply in the 3 months it has been up, which leads me to believe that most folks aren't quite as passionate as you are about getting the knee down on the street. I feel like you think of it as a badge of honor, and that's cool, but I earned my badge over 40 years ago and just don't feel the need to wear it anymore ;)! You know how I love to dig at you ;D! I will say seriously, believing the tripod effect makes you safer can lead to a false sense of security in a panic situation...trust this old man on that 8)!

Dub, I'm going to start a new thread tomorrow about checking out some new goat roads out in the middle of nowhere, and I think you are probably the only one adventurous enough to go for it...there might be some dirt sections to contend with 8)!

Mel

GreenMachine

Quote from: Mel on June 06, 2015, 09:35:40 PM
...Knee Down thread...I admire all the detail you went to GM with the photos and miles of text, but I see there was only one reply in the 3 months it has been up, which leads me to believe that most folks aren't quite as passionate as you are about getting the knee down on the street. I feel like you think of it as a badge of honor, and that's cool, but I earned my badge over 40 years ago and just don't feel the need to wear it anymore ;)! You know how I love to dig at you ;D! I will say seriously, believing the tripod effect makes you safer can lead to a false sense of security in a panic situation...trust this old man on that 8)!...
To keep this in context, I'll address your comments in that thread.  ;)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR