Main Menu

Roll Call - Buck's Lake (Canceled)

Started by GreenMachine, June 02, 2015, 11:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

*** Canceled ***
Sorry, but I'm too exhausted from yesterday's ride and post ride  :|) to make today's ride.

Edit: The forecast looks perfect.  If anything, now it's looking to be on the warm side.  Dry forecast leading up and through Sunday for here and where we're headed.   :disco

I put tentative because the forecast shows a T-storm threat of 50% or greater and rain preceding Sunday's scheduled ride.  We'll keep an eye on the forecast to see what happens.  The ride will be canceled or rescheduled if there's a favorable chance of rain runoff.

Planned 9:00 AM kickstands up (KSU).*  This will be about the same distance as last week's ride, maybe a little more.  We'll decide as a group where we want to lunch at.

RSVP** if you're planning on going.   If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.  We'll depart on the ride as soon as everyone arrives and is ready, meaning, that if there are any newb riders, I will go over some of the key items they'll need to know.

North route ride.  This is a minimum C level ride pace route, so all riders welcome.  Meet at Starbucks or thereabouts (if parking is an issue).

As always, see 2015 SSA Ride Schedule for everything that is expected of you and what you can expect.  *** Safety is paramount. ***

Hope to see you there.

* KSU dependent on when everybody is ready.
** RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

If it's not going rain i plan on showing up.  You know much. My balls leave when the rain comes out.  But I'll show up for coffee to.  See you on Sunday.  Cuz we can always make it a short blast anywhere.  :P
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Tahoebrian5

Damn! Bike is still in the shop. Hate to miss this one, but I think I'll give the dirt bike some attention while I'm waiting.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

What!  The Fireblade isn't good enough to ride street anymore?

You BMW riders!  :|)  Don't worry.  If you don't reply back, I'm used to it.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

The blade is being reimagined as a track whore.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

PAPASMURF

Sounds like a good ride,  if the rain comes, WTH, that is why i have the big blue smurf suit. see you on sunday. ;D
S1000R
R1250RS

GreenMachine

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on June 04, 2015, 09:04:48 PM
The blade is being reimagined as a track whore.
If the headlight works, I'd ride it.

GreenMachine

Quote from: PAPASMURF on June 05, 2015, 06:39:24 AM
Sounds like a good ride,  if the rain comes, WTH, that is why i have the big blue smurf suit. see you on sunday. ;D
84* forecast for Reno when we get back.  Ouch! 

You may be as hot as the rest of us in the blue suit.

PAPASMURF

84 is just fine, and no matter what, I WILL BE DRY, unlike some. HA  HA  HA
S1000R
R1250RS

flamecrow

Sigh, I really love Buck's Lake. I hope to go back one of these days... you guys have fun and ride safe out there!

GreenMachine

I'm canceling today's ride.  See original post (OP).   :hangover

GreenMachine

Got in the necessary recovery hours of sleep today.  I would have been of no use doing today's ride.  Again, sorry to the riders who posted they were going and for the short notice on cancellation.  It was the best I could do under the circumstances.  Would have really wanted to go and was still considering it, but when your insides feel like they're fresh out of a blender and your concentration and focus lapse, sometimes it's better to call it. :surrender

Besides my truck got backed into last night and the person who did it was nice enough to leave my torn off license plate on my hood, but no note.  Just minor damage, but they would have had to cover the deductible.  Too much for their conscience I suppose. :fail

GreenMachine

Thinking of rescheduling this ride for this weekend instead, either 06/13/15 or 06/14/15.  Man, is it going to be stinking hot or what?  

What do you guys think?  Would you rather do MRR and ride through the charred remains of 11 Pines or does Buck's sound better?

Buck's gets my vote.  And I promise not to stay out carrying on late into the morning hours the night before.   :angel