Main Menu

Icehouse - WWS - MRR

Started by GreenMachine, May 30, 2015, 08:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Clockwise loop.  South route ride.

Planned 9:00 AM kickstands up (KSU)*.  Conditions are very favorable.  Sorry for the late notice.  Been playing media from last weekend.

This will be one of our longer rides and not for the faint of heart, as we typically take in MRR.

RSVP** if you're planning on going.   If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.  We'll depart on the ride as soon as everyone arrives and is ready, meaning, that if there are any newb riders, I will go over some of the key items they'll need to know.

South route ride.  This is a minimum B level ride pace route, specifically for the technical nature and dangerous drop offs.  Meet at the Geiger Maverik Country Store. 

As always, see 2015 SSA Ride Schedule for everything that is expected of you and what you can expect.  *** Safety is paramount. ***

Hope to see you there.

* KSU dependent on when everybody is ready.
** RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Be aware that there will be detours on this ride too.  There are some sights and sites we need to check out. 

Gearing up for today's short ride, by last week's standards, long ride by normal standards.  :evil1
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Mel would have loved today's ride.  SL was scouting some campsites and we took an excursion up and in on a goat road to check them out.  I mean, this was right up Mel's alley.  All I could think was he'd be in hog heaven.  There were sharp corners where the lead-up to them was covered in washboard gravel.  There were bumps.  There were humps.  Rocks and more gravel crunching under our tires and making the bike feel a little loose and sloppy.  Just about every type of road condition to rattle parts off your sportbike or otherwise chip the guys plastics behind you.  Perfect!  Then we did a lap on Icehouse road which was only marginally better.  Just no gravel.

I didn't even bring it up.  SL commented at the first camp site how Mel should have joined us today.   I think he was right.

slmoto

Yeah, if you're reading this post Mel you should go check that road out some day if you haven't already ridden it. It's Silver Fork Rd. out of Kyburz, CA, should give you a good 15 to 20 miles of goat road to play on, traffic lightens up after you get past the first campground off 50. We only went about 10 miles in but looks like there's a good web of goat roads to play on out there if that's your thing.

Tahoebrian5

Sounds like a good adventure. I can't wait to get my bike back from the shop. In the mean time I'll live vicariously through the Internet riding forums
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Are they replacing that shifting mechanism?

Tahoebrian5

I believe it's the shift shaft that goes into the gear box
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

WWS was being used heavily when SL and I were there.  Riders going round and round.  Some resting between sessions.  More coming in as we were headed out for lunch.  I believe the riders were all from SCR.  Or that was the appearance.  I think one of them was Hooligan on his dual-sport.  They weren't letting grass grown under them either.

We'll need to stop a bunch more times this season for action pics.