Main Menu

Gumball Rally 3000 in Reno 5/27

Started by RichVee4, May 27, 2015, 06:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichVee4

Wasn't aware of this until reading the news this AM.  The drivers will be leaving Reno 5/27 at 16:00 to 17:30 under the arch after flying to Reno from Amsterdam.  Might be a good chance to see some cool cars and celebrities.    

http://www.mynews4.com/news/local/story/Supercars-and-Superstars-Gumball-3000-Rally-comes/joYGp8_oc0iEyRToNECPGw.cspx

http://www.gumball3000.com/rally/schedule
Live long and prosper \V/

slmoto

Thanks for posting. I may ride my bicycle down and check it out. The celebrities I can pass on but it may be worth seeing if there are any interesting cars.

dub

They're just here to find the fastest route from Red Bluff to Oroville.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Can't say as I'd be interested in their rally or cars or celebrities.  But I did pick up on an ad concerning two things that would peak my interest, Kawasaki and Joe Montana.  Roseville Kawasaki is having a 'meet Joe Montana' hour on May 30th.  Now that, I would ride over to see.   8)

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

Joe Montana and Roseville Kawasaki...? Wow, can't believe he's blown through all that NFL money already. And he's Joe Montana, couldn't he do a little better than that. I hope his next gig isn't selling land lots out here in the desert with Erik Estrada.

GreenMachine

I was thinking the same thing. I'd be happier if that is the direction that he does land ads than ones for super beta prostate.  Although, he could just have a passion for this outdoor activity.  And why not share that passion with the common folk?

He probably got his second Mule or the watercraft he speaks of, for doing the ad and the 1 hour meet.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

Made it down town to see the event, more people than I expected.  Some nice cars with drivers I had no idea who they were.  Mostly  rich kids with their expensive toys.   Some random guy on a GSXR rode in with the cars and rode through town with them, kind of funny revving his engine with the cars.  He definitely didn't look like he was part of the group.

slmoto

Quote from: RichVee4 on May 27, 2015, 08:30:00 PM
Some random guy on a GSXR rode in with the cars and rode through town with them, kind of funny revving his engine with the cars.  He definitely didn't look like he was part of the group.

That was me. J/k i realized too late and just went to pjs instead, ran into 288 almost won some stuff from Reno motorsports but no dice, left empty handed.

So, did you run into haselhof.
Kind of wanted to see kip, could care less about hasselhof

RichVee4

No, didn't see the Hoff..  This guy was very popular but wasn't sure who he was.  Had a bmx bike mounted to the back of his car.  Didn't look like Tony Hawk???

GreenMachine

A buddy of mine said he was rather disappointed with the rally showing, as far as all the hype for the celebrities and cars.  He didn't see many exotic cars nor celebrities. 

Bike night would have at least had SL & 288.  Two bigger celebrities in my book!