Main Menu

Back from our trip through hades...

Started by RenoRider75, May 20, 2015, 02:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenoRider75

Hey all, it's been a very long time since I was last active here.  Sara and I are still around, but life has given us a full year of surprise changes.

It all started about this time last year, when we both lost our jobs at IGT.  On the same day.  Our investment accounts (which were also with IGT's Fidelity partnership) were closed out, and we were given a final check as the door hit us on the ass on the way out.  That was certainly a shock.   :-\  We spent about a month drowning our sorrows with beer and various other libations, celebrating our departure from one of the most soul-sucking places in town.   ;D

She and I were both gainfully employed about two months later, and over the past year we've both settled in to our new environments.  I'm the sort of person that feels like I have to prove myself to people at work who don't know me, so I spent a lot of time working extra hard to earn that sort of "rock star status".  Unfortunately, doing so cost me riding time.

But, here we are after the first year.  Things seem pretty stable again, and Sara is ready to upgrade from her CBR250R.  She's in love with the classic 60's styling of standard bikes (think Bonnie, Honda's CB350, Ducati's Scrambler, etc.) so we ordered a new Ducati Scrambler that should be here in a couple of weeks.  I still have the Ninja 650, and put a bunch of miles on it earlier this year going back and forth to my kids' school in V.C.  I'm ready for some real rides now; I've spent the last year missing out on all the fun.   :)

I think that's about it.  We'll make ourselves less ghost-like in the coming year, and we'll be going down to Laguna Seca for the World Superbike event in July.  We're in corkscrew camp site 603 if anyone else is going and wants to hang out.

Hope to see you guys on a ride soon!

dub

Sweet, welcome back. Thanks for checking in. See ya soon.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Welcome back.  Looking forward to some warm weather this weekend and on the upcoming ride schedule. 

RR75, we'll probably see you at the races too in July.  I'm bringing my bike, as I always do and riding on Friday.  If you can swing it, you're welcome to join.  SLmoto's going too.  I might be toting his bike as well.  After the Friday ride, I generally swing into town for bike night.

Let's keep working on ideas. 

Hope to see you and Sara out there!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

Welcome back. Hope you get more riding in this year.   Don't think I will apply to IGT anytime soon.
Live long and prosper \V/

288RR

Welcome back. Will be good to get out on some rides afian