Main Menu

OoB II Day 1 route

Started by GreenMachine, May 18, 2015, 10:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

I bringing two luggage devices on this one.  Just not enough room in my new one for the cameras and food items.  Plus, now I'll have tons of storage for souvenir clothes I might want to buy.  :)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on May 21, 2015, 09:53:51 AM
Most of the route is known clearly marked highway, ones we've ridden before.  I'm going to do it the old fashioned way with the GPS I'm taking along and plug in the exact waypoints (turns usually) I want and let the stupid GPS figure it out from there.  Besides, I'm confident Dub's unit will keeps us on course...and SL has ridden some of this stuff on his bicycle. 

If you somehow get separated, just get to a main one of the places were we saw you last and we'll come back for you. If that doesn't work.  Head forward and cut us off at the next big town.  Text us to let us know your intention one way or the other. 

I'll be going even more "old fashioned" with the good ole pen and paper. I tried downloading them on my phone but didn't work so I'll be writing them down, too lazy to download apps and try and figure it out plus pen and paper still works when I'm out of reception. But I am pretty familiar with it all, the inland section on day two will be the only section I'm not too familiar with.

A DRAGON

hey guys sorry I'm chiming in so late but I voted for highway 36 and also 20 to the south side of Clear Lake.  then take Highway 175 we did that one year wow what a wonderful stretch of road.

I have to admit running highway 36 to the coast was absolutely wonderful it was a great road going the opposite way. ddid that last year it was really cool.

also really worried about all this rain I don't want to be in the rain if I can help it I don't need that.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

flamecrow

Just for this weekend, I'm praying for no rain  >:(

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Seriously.  I'm the same way about riding in the rain.  Don't need it. 

This weekend, I'm leading a group of riders over to Northern California and Southern Oregon.  The forecast for the past week has been improving from an already nearly rock solid 20% chance, down to...

DRY

SUNNY

10% chance of a rogue rain shower if-you-somehow-force-your-way-under-it-at-the-right-time.

AND, AND, no rain in the forecast

However, for anyone coming home on Monday via Truckee, as I've said, they are expecting afternoon rain showers like they're experiencing now.  Rain showers, not constant rain.  I'm leading whomever wants to return to Reno via Quincy.  If while riding east on hwy 70 we see the forecast clouds over Truckee and we don't want to risk it, sorry Dub, we'll continue onto hwy I-395 and ride around it.  ;)

dub

Quote from: A DRAGON on May 21, 2015, 09:21:15 PMalso really worried about all this rain I don't want to be in the rain if I can help it I don't need that.

Dude, what forecast are you looking at? I just looked at the National Weather Service for about 10 different cities that we will ride through this weekend. Every single forecast is Sunny and temps from 60 to 85. It's literally going to be perfect riding weather.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RichVee4

Bringing my rain shell just in case, because if I don't have it I will defiantly need it.  

GM/Dub, as an alternate meet location you may want to consider meeting at donner summit rest stop.  Easy on/off and room for everyone to park so we can stay together.  Wouldn't hurt to check luggage and bikes to make sure everything is where it needs to be.   Plus if someone is running late its an easy spot to wait with the added bonus of having facilities.
Live long and prosper \V/

Tahoebrian5

Weather looks to be really good. 10% chance in Arcata all weekend. If there wasn't a slight threat of something going wrong it wouldn't be nearly as exciting.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Looking forward to riding, although I think DR's excitement bug bit me.  I didn't sleep a wink last night.  Tired as crap and still have some last minute things to take care of.  Feel like I'm in a haze. 

flamecrow

Haha. Well I hope you get some sleep tonight! Because I know I might be able to sleep a wink, arrggh.

See everyone tomorrow morning bright and early!