Main Menu

LCD auto tinting visor

Started by Tahoebrian5, May 14, 2015, 08:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

Check it out.. I'm a sucker for high tech gadgets so I just ordered one of these things. I've been running the photochromic insert for a couple years but it's worn out so this looks cool. Instant transitions!

http://www.raleri.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=58_18&products_id=30&osCsid=0cb90f3ecfa8975dc99311f1f48bfb73
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Bri. Bri. Bri.

You are amazing!  181 EURs for a tinted visor?  I'll marvel at yours and you can make fun of my analog sunglasses for that much.  :P

BTW, since you're into tech gadgets.  This is probably right up your ally.  A computer controlled robotic camera.

No more wasted jittery video.  Set and record.  Capture that cool turn from that cool angle on or near the ground or up in a tree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKvCjEqX3GM

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Quote from: GreenMachine on May 14, 2015, 08:51:33 AM
Bri. Bri. Bri.

You are amazing!  181 EURs for a tinted visor?  I'll marvel at yours and you can make fun of my analog sunglasses for that much.  :P

Yeah but free shipping.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Tahoebrian5

The soloshot is bad ass! They now have a flying drone version also. I wonder how well it would follow along on your favorite canyon road.

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Sub-Sonic

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on May 14, 2015, 10:22:44 AM
The soloshot is bad ass! They now have a flying drone version also. I wonder how well it would follow along on your favorite canyon road.

I looked into those, they only go about 40 mph and last for about 20 mins...and they have been prone to crash into the side of the hill, they are still working that issue out...

dub

Quote from: Sub-Sonic on May 14, 2015, 10:29:34 AMI looked into those, they only go about 40 mph and last for about 20 mins...and they have been prone to crash into the side of the hill, they are still working that issue out...

Hillsides, trees, power lines... It is just tracking the transmitter and will fly into whatever happens to be in front of it.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Tahoebrian5

Quote from: GreenMachine on May 14, 2015, 08:51:33 AM
Bri. Bri. Bri.

BTW, since you're into tech gadgets.  This is probably right up your ally.  A computer controlled robotic camera.

No more wasted jittery video.  Set and record.  Capture that cool turn from that cool angle on or near the ground or up in a tree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKvCjEqX3GM

Keep laughing GM. When you are stopping to change to your clear visor I will be waiting patiently.

Tahoebrian5

Quote from: dub on May 14, 2015, 11:32:13 AM
Quote from: Sub-Sonic on May 14, 2015, 10:29:34 AMI looked into those, they only go about 40 mph and last for about 20 mins...and they have been prone to crash into the side of the hill, they are still working that issue out...

Hillsides, trees, power lines... It is just tracking the transmitter and will fly into whatever happens to be in front of it.

Well it's still pretty damn cool. Give it a couple years and they will be following us around the track. Well, maybe not at Dubs pace!

GreenMachine

NVGixxer owns a Phantom drone and expressed interest in shooting video of us riding.  For something like Monitor, where there's plenty of turns midway up, the fact that the drone might top out at 40 MPH would add to the cool appeal.  Imagine the drone being out ahead midway up where we start the first set of twisties beginning with the right hand 25 MPH turn.  It could capture the rider from up ahead, then as we make our way through the S turns and onto the short straight after the 180* left hander, then complete the right hand dog-leg, the fact that the bike is drawing away onto the horizon would, I think, just be cool to watch; comes into view, goes out of view. The rider could be easily gone by the aspens nearing the top.  And with battery life what it is, we could do several passes up and down.

Something to ponder for this summer.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on May 14, 2015, 12:18:38 PM
...When you are s topping...
You know me better than that or should.  That S word is forbidden in my vocabulary when riding. 

However, I will "s" top reluctantly as a polite gesture to the group, but won't need to when dropping the sunglasses out at dusk.  Already have that worked out so I can keep rolling.