Main Menu

Roll Call - Get in shape ride: VC & Tahoe Loop 05/17/15

Started by GreenMachine, May 12, 2015, 04:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

This ride has been canceled

Planned 9:30 AM kickstands up (KSU)*, might start a little later depending on temps.  Conditions for the extended forecast show seasonal normal temperatures, so high desert chilly on this one.

This will be a short ride by our standards, to get some leisure miles under our belts before the big ride next weekend.  Less about twisties and more about doing a pre-run on the bike to scrub new tires in and test how the new luggage rides.  We'll ride VC first, out to CC, Spooner to Lake Tahoe, then clockwise around the lake and decide if we want to stop for a bite up there or head home.  

RSVP** if you're planning on going.   If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.  We'll depart on the ride as soon as everyone arrives and is ready, meaning, that if there are any newb riders, I will go over some of the key items they'll need to know.

South route ride.  This is a minimum C level ride pace route, so all riders welcome.  Meet at the Geiger Maverik Country Store.  

As always, see 2015 SSA Ride Schedule for everything that is expected of you and what you can expect.  *** Safety is paramount. ***

Hope to see you there.

* KSU dependent on when everybody is ready.
** RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

Tempting cause I've got to scrub in some new tires but it's looking like it could possibly rain on Sun.

wills

Can you believe this freaking weather?? More precip in May than January! New tire got tested last week, but new exhaust and tune need testing...you might hear me a Geiger today :o
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

Tahoebrian5

I'm considering going out somewhere tomorrow if the Tarmac is mostly dry. I'm thinking not tahoe though
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Tahoebrian5

Ok, I'm definitely going to go for at least a short cruise to VC. Gotta make sure all my luggage and rain gear is working. Thinking about 11.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

slmoto

I'm thinking of going out as well but maybe a bit earlier like 10am. Looking like the rain may start around noon and I'd rather not intentionally get caught out in the rain. I'm looking to break in some new tires and gear but not rain gear, so I'd prefer to try and stay dry today.

GreenMachine

Somebody make a decision!

See you there at 10 AM or thereabouts: Maverik
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

GreenMachine

Light rain moving up from Tonapah already.  Looks like a fast moving northerly flow.

Gotta shower.  Might be a few minutes late.

GreenMachine

Good call Scott on the rain forecast.  I think we got about as much as we could have today.  Seeing the showers coming down out of Tahoe was just enough to chase me back home.