Main Menu

Roll Call - Downieville - Gold Lake Loop 05/10/15

Started by GreenMachine, May 07, 2015, 12:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Planned 9:30 AM kickstands up (KSU).*  This will be about the same distance as last week's ride.  We'll decide as a group where we want to lunch at.  I know that some riders will be continuing onward to other destinations after we reach Downieville, so our plans will remain dynamic.

RSVP** if you're planning on going.   If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.  We'll depart on the ride as soon as everyone arrives and is ready, meaning, that if there are any newb riders, I will go over some of the key items they'll need to know.

North route ride.  This is a minimum C level ride pace route, so all riders welcome.  Meet at Starbucks or thereabouts (if parking is an issue).

As always, see 2015 SSA Ride Schedule for everything that is expected of you and what you can expect.  *** Safety is paramount. ***

Hope to see you there.

* KSU dependent on when everybody is ready.
** RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

I'll be there for the first half.

I'm headed to the Bay Area for Mothers Day so I'll be splitting off from the group at Downieville to continue on to the Bay.

Tahoebrian5

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Tahoebrian5

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Understandable.

Everyone make sure you do something for your mother to recognize her on Sunday or by Sunday.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

I think I'll be showing up.  I need to knock some of the dusty of my SV. Please wait for the old man
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Oh whatever!!

I'm still mentally exhausted and beat up from yesterday's dirt ride adventure.  Feels good and should be just what the doctor ordered for getting into shape for the big trip coming up.

C U in a few.

GreenMachine

Quote from: A DRAGON on May 09, 2015, 09:18:17 PM
I think I'll be showing up.  I need to knock some of the dusty of my SV. Please wait for the old man
Old man, my arse!!!  Might need to see who was riding ADr's bike today, because the kid under those leathers was one quick SOB.  Whomever it was, the mask was uncanning!

Great ride today!  Thanks to the riders who participated on a Mother's Day.  Some really good food late in the day.  Lots of thrills.  Not all of them good, but more good than bad.  Everyone, as far as I know, made it to their destinations safely and without performance awards, so all in all a terrific ride day.  The weather only started getting chilly towards the end.  But that worked to my advantage.  I had additional body armor on today.  Breaking in SS's boots he sold me and I had on torso underarmor.  Felt good to work out a little of the soreness from yesterday.

My rear tire looked like it had another thousand miles in it, but we shaped it bald in one ride.   :angel