Main Menu

Reno Rider Killed on 80

Started by Mel, April 29, 2015, 09:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel

Damn, I saw this on the KTVN FB page and my heart started pounding when I saw the pic of a yellow GSXR on it's side! It was 35 year old Anthony Young from Reno, but at first the only thought that came to mind was I hope it's not SL :(. Does anyone know this rider? RIP Anthony :(.

nvgixxer

My wife knows the father-in-law of this guy. Tragic accident, to say the least. He leaves a wife and three small children. As the story goes, he was relatively new to riding and had absolutely no business being on a sports bike, especially at a high rate of speed. Evidently he was trying to keep pace with his buddy when he lost control.
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

GreenMachine

Quote from: nvgixxer on April 30, 2015, 03:38:47 PM.. As the story goes, he was relatively new to riding and had absolutely no business being on a sports bike, especially at a high rate of speed. Evidently he was trying to keep pace with his buddy when he lost control.
Curious circumstances.  Sad to hear of another rider lost.

I can confirm, I saw SL last night and he just posted a couple minutes ago.

Besides, the MO doesn't match SL, at least, not on the street.  He rides within his limitations and cannot be shamed into doing anything else.  The mark of a mature rider: mindset.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

nvgixxer

I'm only telling you guys this because maybe it'll hit home for you inexperienced and experienced riders alike the next time you get an urge to show off or ride beyond your limits, the rider's head was completely decapitated when he flew into a roadside sign of some sort.
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

RichVee4

Monica saw online they were traveling 120 to 150mph.  Hard to survive a crash at that speed.   Spring seems to be a particularly bad time for accidents.

While in England I was talking to some riders and at 17 they can ride up to a 125cc, and have to put a big "L" (learner) on the bike.  At 19 and 24 they can test up to larger bikes but are restricted with engine size until age 24 when they can ride unrestricted and have more experience under their belt.

I am always a proponent of rider education and think US could do much better.

Live long and prosper \V/

RenoRider75

I can't wait to go to the track again.  That's the place for speed - I ride pretty conservatively on the streets.

Sara wants to take the new bike to the track, but she's intimidated to have a bunch of other riders all around her.  I told her we need to save up $12k and we'll rent Thunderhill 3-mile for a day.  :P