Main Menu

2015 ride season begins - Markleeville 05/03/15

Started by GreenMachine, April 29, 2015, 08:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sub-Sonic

Nice ride, good group of ten riders.  Only 290 miles for my bike.

It was like a new bike 'smackdown' of sorts with those 3 new liter bikes and 2 new 'middleweights', they were nice.

wills

Monitor rules!! How was Ebbits? Time for a new tire :o
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

Tahoebrian5

Great ride and good to see everybody. It's going to be a great riding season
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Quote from: wills on May 03, 2015, 07:08:35 PM
Monitor rules!! How was Ebbits? Time for a new tire :o
Dusty, dirty and a few potholes, mostly on the Markleeville sde, but clear of snow all the way over.

Monitor is a fine tool for shaping the tire properly!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

Enjoyed the ride and helping kick off the 2015 season.   Took a few pics..
Live long and prosper \V/

dub

Holy cow, SSA really impressing with all that new hardware. GM, time to upgrade, you are dragging down the average. Who's new R1?
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

I've heard something similar from others too. 

My question would be, given what you know about how I like to ride and my riding limitations, which 2015 model out there would be an upgrade for what I have?

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Quote from: GreenMachine on May 04, 2015, 02:46:50 PM

lol, I'm sure. Don't worry, I'll bring my SV out this year and we can slum it together.

288RR

Tahoebrian5

Quote from: GreenMachine on May 04, 2015, 02:46:50 PM

My question would be, given what you know about how I like to ride and my riding limitations, which 2015 model out there would be an upgrade for what I have?

Any of them! J/k, I know we would have to pry your old bike out of your cold dead hands before you would give it up.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

I prefer venerable when discussing the ol' girl.  She's going to make dragging elbow this year a real possibility.  If I had one of the fandango 2015 models, with my weight, I'd have to take turns at twice the advised limit  :o just to experience the same awesome on-the-side vantage point.

So not for me.  But I like how you guys looked on your new bikes.  Nothing wrong there.

dub

Quote from: GreenMachine on May 05, 2015, 05:28:33 PMShe's going to make dragging elbow this year a real possibility. If I had one of the fandango 2015 models, with my weight, I'd have to take turns at twice the advised limit  :o just to experience the same awesome on-the-side vantage point.

I don't even understand what you are trying to say? You wouldn't be able to hang off the bike like a monkey and drag your knee at 20 mph if you had a new bike? Do the laws of physics apply differently to 2015 model year motorcycles?

GreenMachine

Quote from: dub on May 05, 2015, 06:50:41 PM
...You wouldn't be able to hang off the bike like a monkey and drag your knee at 20 mph if you had a new bike?...
Exactly my point.  The laws of physics would apply equally.  It's an obvious statement of fact.  I'd need more inertia on the featherlight 2015 models than on my far heavier 15 y.o. model in any turn at any speed.  Does not a heavier bike with a longer wheelbase require more effort to turn?

Sub-Sonic

Good thing this ride was last weekend.  It's snowing up on Monitor right now.

GreenMachine

Makes me worry about what they've done or what may be happening up on Yuba (drainage, fallen rocks, etc...,) .  May have to scale back our enthusiasm a tad from last weekend.