Main Menu

2015 ride season begins - Markleeville 05/03/15

Started by GreenMachine, April 29, 2015, 08:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Planned 9:30 AM kickstands up (KSU).*  Conditions for the extended forecast show above normal temperatures, so if mother nature is going to serve up early June morning temps at the beginning of May, we might as well enjoy it.

RSVP** if you're planning on going.   If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.  We'll depart on the ride as soon as everyone arrives and is ready, meaning, that if there are any newb riders, I will go over some of the key items they'll need to know.

South route ride.  This is a minimum C level ride pace route, so all riders welcome.  Meet at the Geiger Maverik Country Store. 

As always, see 2015 SSA Ride Schedule for everything that is expected of you and what you can expect.  *** Safety is paramount. ***

Hope to see you there.

* KSU dependent on when everybody is ready.
** RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Sub-Sonic

I'm in.  I vote to add Ebbetts and eat up there or M'ville.  Ebbetts is open now, we can make it a scouting run on the way up to check for gravel etc. and then pick it up on the way back.

nvgixxer

The Sierra FOGs are doing Monitor tomorrow (Friday). The entire 18 mile stretch has been sand free for over two weeks now!  :)
Be careful out there kids!

Jimbo
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

RichVee4

Sweet pic Jimbo. Nice to see your out of hibernation.  Unfortunately cant make this ride.
Live long and prosper \V/

flamecrow

GreenMachine

I like SS's idea about where to stop to eat. 

FC, looking forward to hearing all about T-hill.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

I think I'm going to come along. I might have a first timer with me, friend of mine I'm trying to talk into buying my CBR. If so I will sweep.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

wills

Brian...what did you get to replace the Honda? I sold mine too.
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

Sub-Sonic

I'll catch up with you guys between VC & 50 around 9:50- 10:00 or whenever you run through there, so don't wait for me at Maverick.

Tahoebrian5

Quote from: wills on May 02, 2015, 04:11:33 PM
Brian...what did you get to replace the Honda? I sold mine too.

I've got another thread going about me new bike, Beemer s1000rr

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Tahoebrian5

Ok. I'm in for sure and will not have a tag along.

GreenMachine

Quote from: Sub-Sonic on May 02, 2015, 05:20:27 PM
I'll catch up with you guys between VC & 50 around 9:50- 10:00 or whenever you run through there, so don't wait for me at Maverick.
:thumbup

We will have a lot of people on this ride who haven't posted up but have let me know they are coming too.  Something for everybody tomorrow.

I should mention, that SS had wanted to ride to Ebbetts first before doing monitor.  I know some of tomorrow's riders won't be able to make it that far and instead will do Monitor only, then return home.  So keep that in mind, but let's keep everyone on the same page, so we don't miss someone along the way, i.e. let's be clear as to who is doing what so we can split into two groups, if that's what ends up happening.

PAPASMURF

i'm in. first ride of the season sounds good.
S1000R
R1250RS

nvgixxer

Have fun guys, three of us did Monitor and part of Ebbetts two days ago. Monitor is clear but be advised that approximately one mile into Ebbetts where it goes into a single lane there is some sand in the roadway. We turned around at that point and did Monitor again. :)
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

flamecrow