GreenMachine

First rider to make it to Oregon - TahoeBrian5
Last ride to leave Oregon - GM
Best navigator - Dub
Most unexpected wheelies - Tahoebrian5
Most wheelies - Tahoebrian5
Best pass - Dub on day 1, taking me going into a downhill 15 MPH hairpin
Most improved rider(s) - three-way tie - Richvee4, SLmoto, Flamecrow
Rider of the three to come closest to dragging calf - SLmoto (day 3, Puck's Lake)
Fastest top speed rider - Monica
Slowest straightline speed - GM
Quickest route to Oroville from Red Bluff - Hwy 99
Most treacherous new adventure road of the trip - hwy 175
Rider who laughed the most - A Dragon
.... talked the most - A Dragon
.... ribbed the most - A Dragon
.... who took the most pictures - GM
.... who took the most video footage - tie perhaps - GM, Flamecrow
Most intense ride route - hwy 1 Fort Bragg
Best food and scenery - Subway/Harris Beach bluff, Brookings, Oregon
Craziest passers - Monica & Flamecrow
Latest dinner - Toni's (10 PMish)
Best exercise - tie - Puck's Lake hwy & HoJo swimming pool
Most amazing regroup - Day 3 - Standard gas station, Fortuna, CA
Most creative bike totes - GM
Most creative picture vantage point - Flamecrow @ Avenue of the Giants
Least food consumed on first day - Tahoebrian5
Most beer sampled - A Dragon
Quietest roommate - Flamecrow on day 1
Best bike watchman - SLmoto
Loudest restaurant - tie - Toni's and Anderson Brewing Company
Windiest beach - Pistol River, Oregon (day 2)
Cheapest burger meal - A Dragon's $2 burger in Brookings, OR
Number of performance awards - zero
Number of mechanical problems - zero
Number of LEOs seen crossing our path - our fair share, but tapering off day by day
Warmest rest stop - tie - Red Bluff (day 3) & Happy Camp (day 2)
Craziest driver spotted - Mercedes skiddy drunk man @Puck's Lake
Rider who first set foot in the ocean surf - GM
Best beer - Anderson Brewing Company Sasquatch double hop IPA

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Quote from: dub on May 25, 2015, 07:53:01 PM
A truly excellent trip with a truly excellent group.

Blue skies all the way home for me.
How'd you manage that?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Quote from: GreenMachine on May 25, 2015, 08:56:42 PMHow'd you manage that?

I dunno, I think all the weather was East of Truckee. The sun shone on me all the way around the lake and down the valley. It was beautiful at the lake, calm water and sunny skies.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

dub

Here are the stats from my GPS, per Tim's request. This is from my house, so just a little different than Reno.

flamecrow

;D ;D got a good chuckle from GM's stats, haha

Thank you Dub! Love it

dub

Quote from: GreenMachine on May 25, 2015, 08:54:15 PMI can name some of the stats from the trip

You mean Six Rivers Brewery.

I think I would give the craziest driver spotted award as a tie with the dude in the jeep who pulled out of our way onto the gravel shoulder at 50mph and almost wrecked.

slmoto

Thanks for posting dub, those stats are interesting. It still amazes me how much stopped time all the various stops add up to, except for lunches they all seem so short individually.

Quote from: GreenMachine on May 25, 2015, 08:54:15 PM
Best beer - Anderson Brewing Company (Six Rivers Brewery) Sasquatch double hop IPA
I never did get around to drinking the 22oz the waitress brought me, I'll hang on to it for the MotoGP races this weekend if you want to crack it open and have some more!

Tahoebrian5

How about the oddest occurrence of the trip? I'm going to vote for the guy in the car, just past the actual lake in bucks lake rode. Not sure who all saw what happened but we were just coming up io him and he slammed on his brakes and starting turning left and right, almost as if he was intentionally trying to roll his car. I tried to turn around to see if he was okay, he had his hands over his face and took off when he saw me looking at him. Very strange!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

You mean Mercedes skiddy drunk man.  I thought he was drunk and suicidal or was being deliberate in trying to take out as many of us as he could.  All I knew was that I believed my flight down would be faster than he could manage and I wasn't sticking around to ask questions.   There was no excuse for his actions.  It looked deliberate, controlled, and perhaps rage induced. 

Was glad to see you guys coming up on me instead of him, at the bottom.

GreenMachine

I must be in postpartum from the weekend.  It's difficult to stay focused.  I hear people talking, but I'm disinterested in anything they have to say related to work.

flamecrow

Quote from: GreenMachine on May 26, 2015, 03:24:05 PM
I must be in postpartum from the weekend.  It's difficult to stay focused.  I hear people talking, but I'm disinterested in anything they have to say related to work.

This.

RichVee4

Note to self.  If I ever do this ride again take the following day off to recover.  Miss the windy roads to help clear the head in the AM. Thinking back how awesome Hwy 299 was at the start of day 2.
Live long and prosper \V/

slmoto

I thought for sure I was going to struggle through the day but I've actually been feeling great today.

GreenMachine

Quote from: slmoto on May 26, 2015, 11:51:15 AM
...I never did get around to drinking the 22oz the waitress brought me, I'll hang on to it for the MotoGP races this weekend if you want to crack it open and have some more!
You're just teasing me.  Heck yeah!

GreenMachine

Quote from: dub on May 26, 2015, 10:19:46 AM
Here are the stats from my GPS, per Tim's request. This is from my house, so just a little different than Reno.

RG wanted to wish the best on our ride, the one he skipped in favor of visiting family.  I think this kind of graphic says all there is to say about matching riders with the ride.  Honestly, I don't see RG putting up with 6 - 9 hours of riding time per day.  It would have been fun having additional personalities, but why mess with perfection.