Main Menu

Oregon or Bust II, Memorial Day Coast Ride 05/23/15 - 05/25/15

Started by GreenMachine, February 23, 2015, 11:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub

OK, I'm ready to go. This is what my bike looked like on Wednesday evening (2 days ago). Now, I am a seasoned procrastinator, but even I had a little doubt it would be back together in time.

GM, didn't you say something about making sure our bikes are in reliable shape?
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Tahoebrian5

Morning, looks like we are going to get rained on this morning. I'm looking at the radar and the coast is clear (never been able to say that literally before). Just a thought... It looks like our intended route down 20 is in the rain. Might be worth while for everyone to take a look at the radar and consider a new vote for route. To me it looks like going to berryessa and over to hwy 1 will be less rain.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

RichVee4

Temps are mild this AM, one good thing from the cloud cover.  I see on radar some scattered showers on west side of Sierras, west of us.   80 and 20 are so close together hard to say what it will be like in 2 hrs so may not be able to avoid. I think we just stick to our plan and keep the rain gear accessible.
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

:rotflmao
Quote from: dub on May 22, 2015, 09:06:47 PM
OK, I'm ready to go. This is what my bike looked like on Wednesday evening (2 days ago). Now, I am a seasoned procrastinator, but even I had a little doubt it would be back together in time.

:rotflmao 

Nope.  I didn't say anything.   :evil1

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Quote from: RichVee4 on May 23, 2015, 06:01:57 AM
Temps are mild this AM, one good thing from the cloud cover.  I see on radar some scattered showers on west side of Sierras, west of us.   80 and 20 are so close together hard to say what it will be like in 2 hrs so may not be able to avoid. I think we just stick to our plan and keep the rain gear accessible.

Good catch!  It's moving away from the 20/I-80 junction.  Mostly light.  Could be Virga. Will probably still be wet though on the road.  We should space out.  If need be, we can choose I-80 or Hwy 20 if it makes a difference.  If I-80, we'll go to Grass Valley via Colfax....hey, Rich, there's your potty break!

If not, we'll take hwy 20. 

I'm going to wear my wind breaker over my leathers either way.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

Ten four, either way I think it's only a temporary setback. Alright, time to gear up!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

RichVee4

Quote from: dub on May 22, 2015, 09:06:47 PM

That's some serious maintenance.  I just waxed mine :)

GreenMachine

The last Doppler image shows that most of the rain has moved south of I-80, but light cells coming down out of Quincy area.

I'm not waiting around for it to decide.  Looks like we may get some drops on us, but only small stuff and quick.

Heading out.  See you guys there!!

Fort Bragg, here we come!
:disco

flamecrow

Amazing ride and experience. Everything was a first for me, I surely got the VIP tutorial to all the scenery and roads. Thank you GM for setting the ride up and everyone for such an awesome time. I got back just 15 minutes before it started pouring =)

Sore but worth every second. I assume there will be a new thread for all the pictures and videos!

slmoto

Quote from: flamecrow on May 25, 2015, 06:29:50 PM
Sore but worth every second.

I second that.

Thanks everyone for such an wonderful time and special thanks to you GM for being the main organizer of this all, I had a great time.

Now time to relax and crack open a cold one! :cheers

GreenMachine

Quote from: flamecrow on May 25, 2015, 06:29:50 PM
Amazing ride and experience. Everything was a first for me, I surely got the VIP tutorial to all the scenery and roads. Thank you GM for setting the ride up and everyone for such an awesome time. I got back just 15 minutes before it started pouring =)

Sore but worth every second. I assume there will be a new thread for all the pictures and videos!
You're still too shy to create a thread after three days of putting up with my riding demands?   :|)

I'll go create a blank one.  Have 133 photos on the one camera alone.  I might upload them in groups.  Maybe do them by day.

dub

A truly excellent trip with a truly excellent group.

Blue skies all the way home for me.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RichVee4

That was an amazing trip, one of the best in my book.  Great group of riders share this trip with.

Feeling pretty worn out, but enjoyed every mile.