Main Menu

who does insurance repairs?

Started by pizza, August 03, 2009, 03:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pizza

last friday on south virginia street, a lady pulled out of a parking space right in front of me; she didnt see me, and i couldnt stop in time to avoid a collision. needless to say, my buell 1125r got dinged up! not super bad, but definitely needs some new parts.

her insurance is paying for my bike to get fixed which is cool, so now i just need to find a shop to do the repairs.

...but...

i want a new muffler out of the deal. i have my eye on a specific brand muffler that ive been wanting, and the stock one got dented up, but i dont want to replace it with another stock muffler. who in town could i trust with my bike and could help me fudge the numbers a bit to work in the muffler of my dreams??
WARNING: fast Buell, slow owner!

Boulevard Pizza- The freshest thin crust pizza in Sparks.

n10sive

why do you not ask for someone to do something illegal here, and just pay the difference between the cost of the stock pipe and the one you want?
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

pizza

Ok let me clarify; who In town does repairs like that? Bike specific, though. I don't want to take it to a normal auto body shop. I don't mind paying the difference between the stocker and the aftermarket, I just don't want to have it replaced with a stock one again. 

2wcp

We can do the insurance estimate and everything else for you. I've dealt with insurance a lot. As long as you pay the difference, we don't have to put a stock one back on. Swing the bike by the shop.
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

pizza

I'll see you guys this afternoon!!!

Adiggity

Quote from: pizza on August 03, 2009, 06:11:35 PM
Ok let me clarify; who In town does repairs like that? Bike specific, though. I don't want to take it to a normal auto body shop. I don't mind paying the difference between the stocker and the aftermarket, I just don't want to have it replaced with a stock one again. 
That sounds a little better! You may want to re-read your original post and see how it sounded. It initially sounded a little like you wanted somebody to do a little insurance fraud. Ok, maybe it sounded a lot like that.  But I know nobody on THIS forum would be talking about doing or asking someone to do something like that.   :)

zipbyu

It didn't sound fishy to me in anyway.  In this state you have the choose to go to any repair shop you like.  The insurance company will send some one to look at the bike or car to estamate as well and there are pretty close as well.  Also if the repair cost is more than 60% the car is concidered totaled for a car/truck, a bike I am not sure?