Main Menu

Mobile 1 in my Kawasaki?

Started by Trader914, June 09, 2009, 11:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trader914

Just wondered if I can use car oils in my motorcycle.
Specifically, can I use Mobile 1 sythetic oil in my Kawasaki ninja 250?

How good are the Bel-Ray products for motorcycle oils and other fluids?

99 900ss duc

never use car oil in a motorcycle, it has friction inhibitors that will destroy a wet clutch in minutes

jlavallee

Mobil 1 makes a motorcycle oil also. It is available in 10w40 and 20w50 at most Wal Marts, Kragens and Auto Zone stores. About $9 a liter.

I've always had good luck with the Bel Ray products. Love their "super clean" chain lube!

If you go with a M/C oil from Castrol, Motul, Bel Ray, Spectra, Mobil 1 etc you'll be fine. I used to do quite a bit of oil analysis work and have ICML certification and I have NEVER seen Mobil 1 not test near the top in any test, that goes for any of their products.

dmh2000

you can also get 4-liter jugs of Mobile 1 Racing 4T from FreedomCycle since Triumph specifies that for their bikes. and their price was reasonable.
dave

Dragone

Quote from: Trader914 on June 09, 2009, 11:11:47 PM
Just wondered if I can use car oils in my motorcycle.
Specifically, can I use Mobile 1 sythetic oil in my Kawasaki ninja 250?

How good are the Bel-Ray products for motorcycle oils and other fluids?

Look in your manual and it will tell you what oil wt and at what standard to use.  Good luck

Justin

Quote from: jlavallee on June 10, 2009, 01:15:59 PMI used to do quite a bit of oil analysis work and have ICML certification and I. . .
I was going to chime in, until I saw the above text.

jlavallee

Quote from: Justino on June 14, 2009, 10:34:14 AM
Quote from: jlavallee on June 10, 2009, 01:15:59 PMI used to do quite a bit of oil analysis work and have ICML certification and I. . .
I was going to chime in, until I saw the above text.

Go ahead, I didn't mean to come off as omniscient or anything.  :-[

My reason in pointing that out is I've had people tell me Mobil1 was Wal-Mart crap and any real rider buys Motul, Silkolene, Brand x etc... because of marketing hype or because a magazine ad said Brand y had more anti wear agents.  ::)

Justin

Quote from: jlavallee on June 14, 2009, 03:30:05 PM
Go ahead, I didn't mean to come off as omniscient or anything.  :-[

My reason in pointing that out is I've had people tell me Mobil1 was Wal-Mart crap and any real rider buys Motul, Silkolene, Brand x etc... because of marketing hype or because a magazine ad said Brand y had more anti wear agents.  ::)
YOU DIDN'T COME OFF OMNISCIENT OR ANYTHING.  There is just no reason for me to write anything when an expert already answered.   You are the expert.  It'd be like me trying to add to a Zoran/Suzuki discussion.