Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Exhuast Question

Started by Sheldontoxicman, May 03, 2009, 07:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheldontoxicman

I have been looking into getting exhuast on my 07 Vmax. How much of a diffrence does it make if I put slip ons on or the whole exhuast kit. I am keeping the 4 into 2 set up.
thanks. :-\

karneybo

about a 10% power increase
Carney

cobra23

You will want to talk to SPL, because you need to dyno tune the fuel injection to get the most out of any exhaust change, you'll want a power commander, assuming they have one for the new V-max, they will soon enough.

Ahhh by the way, I rode an older v-max, very fast, scary....scary, I blacked out. As I regained my composure, tried to turn the thing....whoa..another blackout, followed by the soiling cylce ....

So the new one has some kind of 170 HP I remember reading.

The question is ...do you really want more power?

2wcp

A full exhaust will average about 50% more power gain than a slip on will give you. Its hard to give you a close figure to what you are going to gain because with different tolerances and the stock fuel map gains are different between bikes. But comparing Slip on to full, if the full exhaust gives you 12 hp then a slip with be likely to give you around 6 hp.

As for the power commander cobra is talking about, it is a good idea to get one even on a stock bike. Helps with throttle response and smoothing out the power. Dynojet did come out with a great thing called Autotune also. On the newer bikes you can put that on if you get a PC5 and then install the O2 sensor in the exhaust and it will tune your PC automatically.
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

Sheldontoxicman

Quote from: cobra23 on May 04, 2009, 09:24:30 PM
You will want to talk to SPL, because you need to dyno tune the fuel injection to get the most out of any exhaust change, you'll want a power commander, assuming they have one for the new V-max, they will soon enough.

Ahhh by the way, I rode an older v-max, very fast, scary....scary, I blacked out. As I regained my composure, tried to turn the thing....whoa..another blackout, followed by the soiling cylce ....

So the new one has some kind of 170 HP I remember reading.

The question is ...do you really want more power?

I wish I had the new Vmax. I have an 07. it only has like 130hp (dealer claimed) I haven't dyno it yet.
I will look into both the power commander and the autotune. 
Thanks for the infomation.

Ya the Vmax is a point and shoot. When it comes to turns, Not so much. you hit a turn to fast oh man hang on you going for a ride :o

SPL

Quote from: 2wcp on May 04, 2009, 09:33:33 PM
A full exhaust will average about 50% more power gain than a slip on will give you. Its hard to give you a close figure to what you are going to gain because with different tolerances and the stock fuel map gains are different between bikes. But comparing Slip on to full, if the full exhaust gives you 12 hp then a slip with be likely to give you around 6 hp.

As for the power commander cobra is talking about, it is a good idea to get one even on a stock bike. Helps with throttle response and smoothing out the power. Dynojet did come out with a great thing called Autotune also. On the newer bikes you can put that on if you get a PC5 and then install the O2 sensor in the exhaust and it will tune your PC automatically.

Although this would be an awesome idea for you Sheldon, the 07 VMAX is carb'd not fuel injected.   So a power commander 5 let alone an autotune is not available for your model bike.  It would have to be a good ole fashioned tune, which inturns me throwing it on the dyno and putting a jet kit in and adjusting it.   I can give you a killer package on exhaust and dyno tune for it.  YOU WILL NEED TO GET THIS THING TUNED IF YOU CHANGE THE EXHAUST ESPECIALLY ON A NON FUEL INJECTED BIKE. 

If you wants some pricing ON A PACKAGE DEAL just PM me or call our shop 775-8254457
Remember I will make sure and give SSA members a huge break in pricing.
Building Dreams One Bike At A Time!  775-825-4457

2wcp

Sorry I wasnt paying attention to the year. If you would like to get an exhaust and you will need a jetkit, let me know.Any other questions give me a call.
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

zipbyu

I assume everything is fuel injected.  Even most dirt bikes are fuel injected now, at least the good ones.

Sheldontoxicman

sometimes its nice to be different. ;D.