Main Menu

The Last Great Act of Defiance

Started by Yard Sale, April 10, 2010, 11:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yard Sale

Scene: End of straightaway, rolling off gas to turn in. I see a throttle/handguard next to my clutch/handguard. My front wheel goes away, I'm thrown to the ground, and I slide toward various flammable chemicals and a parked motorcycle.

While sliding, I am spun around backwards and face the rider who took me out. This gives me the opportunity to raise both middle fingers and say, "FUUUUUU!" before coming to a stop.

Here is a a video still frame. Full helmet cam video to follow.

inspired by...

Yard Sale

No I would have had my hand up and pulled over waaaay before, not riding on the racing line. I was pointing to the bike and looking at its owner, wondering if he wanted it back, as I had been riding it for quite a while.

Video shows a different view of what my eyes saw. It shows Randy's front fender really close then my front fender cocking to the right at impact.

Team Gorgonzola

About your crash, you may have not realized but you slowed down suddenly without warning and were going strait. Randy was to your left and since there was not previous warning, by you I am sure he assumed you were going to make the turn. From my viewpoint the all thing was caused by you and the finger is definitely out of order.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Yard Sale

Well thanks for the different perspective. Of course I slowed down, I was about to turn right. I assumed I was going to make the turn, too.

Justin

Were ya gesturing prior to the contact?  Did you piss him off?  Did you take a different line in?  Something must have changed, or maybe he just decided to ram you. :o