Main Menu

So sad, but have to let them go... World Superbike

Started by RenoRider75, June 10, 2014, 10:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenoRider75

These have been sold.  Thanks guys!

----

Original message:

My cousin decided to get married.  That's good.

The wedding is on July 12.  That's bad - World Superbike at Laguna Seca is the weekend of July 11-13.

I have two tickets to the race weekend and a camp site reserved for Friday through Sunday.  It's the upper corkscrew camp site, site #603.  No hook-ups, but it's near the bathrooms and has a good view of the track over turn 9.

I don't want them to go to waste, so who wants to go and doesn't already have a site or tickets?

GreenMachine

:'(  Was looking forward to riding with you that weekend.  Screw the wedding!  That's what I'd say.  Or wing it.  Do the quikie wedding, then race down to WSBK!! :GrnWheelie

RG500nut has offered to let me share his camp spot, but I'll be happy to take one of your tickets off your hands.  One less than you had.  I'll probably head over Thursday night so I can be there for Sat - Sun.

I think it's crazy that anyone interfere with your summer plans like that.  Don't these people realize the trauma they're putting you two through?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

If you want me to come to your summer wedding, you had better send me a save the date in March.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RenoRider75

LOL!   :D  I'd seriously thought about skipping the wedding.  A bunch of family I haven't seen in several years is coming in to town that weekend, so it's turning into an impromptu family reunion weekend as well.  Argh...  If only some of my family rode too, they would understand.

Believe me, I'm more depressed about missing the event than anyone.  I bought the tickets and have been looking forward to this for months.   :'(  Sara's even been practicing going up and down Geiger during the day so that she would feel more comfortable riding the coastline down there.

Anyhow, GM has claimed a ticket.  There's still another ticket and the camp spot available, free for whoever wants it.

GreenMachine

I'm paying for mine RR75, if that's alright with you. 

I'm not a charity case.  :P

We'll have to see if TB5 jumps on the camp site or if DR posts that he traded his hang glider/para-glider for a Connie and is now coming too.

You never know. :|)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RenoRider75

I'll never turn down cash, but don't feel obligated.  :P

And hang gliding?  Glad to hear DR's still in to dangerous activities.   :D

GreenMachine

I've been told to grab your camping spot and remaining ticket for another rider who's now coming.

Hate sticking my neck out for somebody else, pre-payment.  I'm still planning on camping with RG500nut by the main entrance; easy in easy out and he's a great person to hang around with.

Let's make time to get together.  Unless you've been able to sell them otherwise.

RenoRider75

Nope, cool.  Everything here is yours then.  I'm just happy they're not going to waste!  Take pictures of Saturday night's "Ninja Night" for me - I was really looking forward to scoring some cool stuff there.   :)