Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

2003 Ducati ST4S

Started by ww919, March 16, 2013, 02:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ww919

There's a saying about no good deed - but not true in this case. The bike I'm listing here, I'm doing for my friend Gaye. Gaye lost her husband, Fred, Thanksgiving last year to an SUV vs. Motorcycle incident. This was one of Fred's other bikes. I'm only helping remove a burden from her plate at this point. She will continue riding and teaching MSF courses because she is a motorcyclist at heart. Fred's watching us from elsewhere to make sure his rides go to great homes - and I have no horse in this race - only helping a friend move on with her life. If life had me in a different position right now - I'd buy this beast but simply can't justify such a move.

The bike has about 26,500 miles on it. I cannot confirm the dates of the last belt changes/maintenance but can share that Fred was a well respected mechanic and fabricator by trade for many, many years building numerous hot rods and classic cars, bikes and more. Fred took excellent care of all of his vehicles. He purchased the ST4S last May from Michaels Reno - a long sought after replacement for his previous Ducati - an ST3 if I recall correctly. Michaels Reno had taken the bike in on trade and was unable to confirm service history prior to that for me - and that's all I know. Bill of Sale from May of last year ~1,700 miles ago pictured below.

The tires have good life in them with date codes of mid/late 2010. Battery has been kept on a tender while in my possession and holds a charge well. The hard bags show signs of use as they should. There are a few scratches in the tank, and nicks on the fairing, I've done my best to show in the pictures. Usual upgrades to the headlight and clutch as is to be expected on a proper Duc, and a few carbon bits here and there.

Yes, this bike makes all the right noises, and rides like it should based on the few short jaunts I've taken on her. I, of course, just wanted to verify its soul is intact. It is.

We are asking $5,000 and open to offers. No trades, of course. Realistic and serious cash offers will be considered, and I will act as the middle man solely to eliminate unnecessary BS from her life. Delivery to the bay on one of my next trips is certainly a possibility for a reasonable rate. Bike is located at my shop in Reno, Nevada. She needs a bath but I don't believe anything other at this point. Given the nature of the sale, as is applies.

Feel free to PM with questions. I will answer them as quickly as practical.