Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

FREE Track Day at Miller

Started by Rick Bay (BRA), October 19, 2009, 09:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Bay (BRA)

Hey guys, take a loook on this information below!

Interested in a FREE track day at Miller this weekend? Do you own a Yamaha? MAKE IT HAPPEN!

2009 YAMAHA APPRECIATION DAYS

Yamaha would like to invite you and your Trackday customers to the inaugural 2009 Yamaha Appreciation Days.  In cooperation with Miller Motorsports Park, Yamaha Dealers and their Trackday customers will have the opportunity to ride the World Superbike Perimeter Course at Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele Utah. 

WHEN:
•   October 24 & 25, 2009
WHO:
•   West and Northwest Region Yamaha Dealers and their Trackday Customers.  You must sign-up at your local Yamaha Dealer.  If you are not on the dealer list, you won't be able to ride.
•   You must have Trackday experience or be accomplished on the street since there will be no instructor led sessions
WHAT:
•   It is a Yamaha Trackday so you must ride a Yamaha Sportbike with the following modifications
o   Mirrors taped or (preferably) removed
o   Head lights, brake lights, tail lights and turn signals unplugged or fuses removed or taped.
o   Tires must be in good condition with plenty of tread.  Only DOT street or roadracing tires
o   Wheel weights taped and valve stems on
o   No glycol-based coolants.  If your coolant is green it has to be replaced with Water
•   Must have a full set of one or two piece leathers, DOT Approved undamaged Helmet, Riding Boots and Gloves
•   Must show proof of comprehensive medical insurance

WHERE:
•   Miller Motorsports Park: go to www.millermotorsportspark.com for Directions and hotel information
•   Go to www.yamaha-motor.com to locate Yamaha Dealers

Reserve your spot now and Sign up at your local Yamaha Dealer.

youngster775

2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

reno240sx

Someone posted this on one of the R6 forums I'm on. Apparently none of the dealers around this area know anything about it.

Dragone

Quote from: reno240sx on October 20, 2009, 11:51:11 AM
Someone posted this on one of the R6 forums I'm on. Apparently none of the dealers around this area know anything about it.

Nor recognize a yami

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: reno240sx on October 20, 2009, 11:51:11 AM
Why am I not surprised.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

JENX!!!

I AM CONFIRMED!!!!! WHOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: JENX!!! on October 20, 2009, 07:23:53 PM
I AM CONFIRMED!!!!! WHOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Could you tell us how did you do?

JENX!!!

I called michaels reno, carson and winnemuca and all didnt know what i was talking about.,then the guy that posted it from R6 central signed me up thru his dealer. , Were doing the world superbike course too!!!!! time to practice with my PS3. ::)

D1NO

I guess all the yamaha boys are going??

JENX!!!

Me, andrei and rick are all confirmed...but i donno if their going yet.

youngster775

does anybody thats going have room on thier trailer for one more yami??? sure would like to go but I have no way to get the bike there...

99 900ss duc

Quote from: youngster775 on October 20, 2009, 11:30:31 PM
does anybody thats going have room on thier trailer for one more yami??? sure would like to go but I have no way to get the bike there...

put a hitch on your focus  and you can use my trailer

youngster775

Quote from: D1NO on October 20, 2009, 08:36:35 PM
theyre at least trying!  ;)

Yard Sale

Quote from: D1NO on October 20, 2009, 08:36:35 PM
No. Way too late notice and I have a smashed foot.

Plus they'd probably deny my Yamaha racebike as not a sportbike by the letter of the law.

rick07r6

I am confirmed, and youngster i sent you a pm. Email him ASAP to try and get in. also if anyone else wants to try and get in please give them that email as well.