Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

doug polen instruction

Started by dmh2000, August 17, 2009, 09:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stimacsays

I did it. Laborday at Miler. I will do it again next year.

Last year at the AHRMA race, I was a lapper. This year, thanks to Doug, Brian, and Alberto, I got 4th place Saturday. 3rd place and in eye shot of the leaders Sunday.

Best $$ I ever spent on racing. I could have done 20 trackdays and not have got this fast.
If you think you cant find the cash, but want to be faster, and can spend cash on trackday, I say your a fool.
Photo time!

Doug and me.

Alberto, me and Brian.

Check out Brians 848. Pegrums FX bike from last year.

Friday at school.

Me doing what doug and Brian showed me. ;)

Brian on top of the box. Damn Harley 1125 in 2nd.

Candice and Brians wife had a good time also. Full service I tell you.

If you see any of them, please tell them Ted said "Hi" and "See you next year."

zipbyu

Quote from: whiskytango on September 11, 2009, 09:17:30 PM
Wait a second..........   $135 a day... 2 days = $270 (with lunch both days and a *&%$ing t-shirt...)  Mr. Polen sheduled for Saturday.?.= $410...
--------     $75(if in the 1on1)Sat.+Polen$410Sat.= $485 + Sunday SSA $135= $620. for the whole SHABBANG and you get a !@#*ing t-shirt.?.?.?

anyone.?.? yah.?.?

This is not really the topic to bring this up in, yet I am again.  Trackdays have been getting smaller and smaller for a little while now at Fernley.  The track is a bit bumpy but the price is right.  SSA got the day from a track provider who got a T.H day instead(which is sold out or soon will be for all the right reasons).  It will be hard for us to compete with.  I forsee mostly a local turn out.
     The good news is that the SSA guys are charging less for the same weekend.  I have stopped going to all other track providers at Fernley becauce of a few bucks.  Right now, Paying more is now what I had in mind either.  I can refrain from saying more but on the bright side Polen might make if enough sign up. 
     Nice pictures above.   

2wcp

Quote from: KazeXIII on September 18, 2009, 07:30:28 PM

I need a new/used helmet and then maybe rent a leather suit so me spending any more money is unlikely... :'(
[/quote]
I've got some inexpensive helmets here that are good for the track.  ;D
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

Adiggity

Quote from: KazeXIII on September 18, 2009, 07:30:28 PM
I need a new/used helmet and then maybe rent a leather suit so me spending any more money is unlikely... :'(

I have a spare helmet and leathers you can borrow if you need to Kaze Thirteen. Just let me know. We are about the same size. I do have quite the spaceship head though.  :)

stimacsays

So, who took it, and what did you think?

dmh2000

did the 1on1 doug polen school again this weekend. knocked another 10 sec off my lap times (as slow as I am I have plenty to work with). well worth the $$$
dave

stimacsays

How many in the school? Worth there time to come back again I hope/

10 sec! Again! Wow, good job.

D1NO

Quote from: dmh2000 on September 27, 2009, 07:32:24 PM
did the 1on1 doug polen school again this weekend. knocked another 10 sec off my lap times (as slow as I am I have plenty to work with). well worth the $$$

Wow!! sounds like a great weekend.. can't wait for the reports... that also means you JENX!

mikey

I did not get to take the class but, he autographed my ducati superbikes book and looked at me with a smile. 
ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)