Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

doug polen instruction

Started by dmh2000, August 17, 2009, 09:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

Quote from: whiskytango on September 11, 2009, 11:16:05 PM
so I would like to know for sure what it would $$$$$$???
If your getting Doug Polen's instruction (more info @ Gopolen.com) you get a break on the track fees.
The price would drop to $75 from $135.
I think this is the clubs way of trying to make professional instruction affordable for it's members.
This seems like a great example of the club working to help out it's members.
thank you to the executive board!

ps.  my first SSA track days were $120.
I've payed 99/day (with a Saturday AND Sunday purchase)
I've also payed 160 dollars.

cobra23

Quote from: Adiggity on September 11, 2009, 01:47:56 PM
Just a heads up for any of you taking or thinking of taking the Doug Polen school, we will give you a discount on your trackday. If you sign up with Doug, your trackday will only be $75.00. If you've already paid we will give you a refund. If you haven't paid, just email Jerome and let him know you have signed up with Doug and we will get you on the list and you can pay us at the track.    8)

whiskytango....

This guy works very hard for us, so t-shirt or not we avoid hassling him.

23 roger out....

whiskytango

The question remains...  is my math right? I'm asking for help...
CHAINDRIVEN

XIII

Quote from: whiskytango on September 11, 2009, 11:16:05 PM
Whatever I'm just make a funny cause it was $110 last month, I already have the T-shirt :o... But seriously its the $$$math  ???I just want a straight answer about if i'm right or not...  Hell yah I was planning on these T-days sence July, but to get instruction from one of my Heros would be the bomb so I would like to know for sure what it would $$$$$$???

If you were dead set on the trackdays anyway what does it matter? If you were going to get instruction anyway then it's a plus. Add the fact that this spontaneous discount is 75 bucks off then it becomes a tremendous deal. The SSA just gave you Doug Polen's instruction at 19% off. Granted, folks who already have the SSA tshirt do get slighted on the bundle deal but then again you get catered lunch...which is included in the bundle. I don't have a shirt but I pack my own lunch at all the trackdays... :-\

The math per your request

Trackday = $270 for both days
DP instruction = $410 for a day
SSA discount (when taking DP class) = -$75

$270
+
$410
-
$75
---------
= $605 <-- considering that I'm unemployed, I will unfortunately have to miss out on this opportunity  :'(

Justin

Josh,
I doubt that you'll get such an offer from the eels.

whiskytango

The price would drop to $75 from $135.(Tino)
     In my math I have track fee as above. I posed the ??? Originally because two members Have subtracted $75. So I said wait a second...
     Is my math right?
CHAINDRIVEN

Justin

use my math.
Attention trackday shoppers:
Trackday price drop from $135 to $75 when you purchase Doug Polen's instruction.
This is a $60 dollar savings.

XIII

Quote from: Justino on September 13, 2009, 12:49:56 PM
use my math.
Attention trackday shoppers:
Trackday price drop from $135 to $75 when you purchase Doug Polen's instruction.
This is a $60 dollar savings.

What what? So I was wrong then. My bad.

2 days + DP = $620 then.

Adiggity

Quote from: whiskytango on September 13, 2009, 10:38:00 AM
The price would drop to $75 from $135.(Tino)
     In my math I have track fee as above. I posed the ??? Originally because two members Have subtracted $75. So I said wait a second...
     Is my math right?
Yes your math is right.  If you take the Doug Polen School, your trackday will be $75 INSTEAD of $135. Would you like to borrow my c-c-calculator??  :P  :D

Oh, and that deal is for everyone except YOU! You don't like the discount, you don't get it.

I'm kidding of course. Everyone just relax.  :)

Dragone

Quote...which is included in the bundle. I don't have a shirt but I pack my own lunch at all the trackdays... 
generally here as well

[quote<-- considering that I'm unemployed, I will unfortunately have to miss out on this opportunity  ][/quote]

the generally here as well is even more amplified.

Would be sweet to hit that opportunity up and glean more info.  Wish ya the best.

JENX!!!

Just got a conformation for the 1 on 1.....I CANT WAIT!!!! ;D
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

XIII

Quote from: JENX!!! on September 17, 2009, 11:38:05 AM
Just got a conformation for the 1 on 1.....I CANT WAIT!!!! ;D

Damn it Sid! Quit rubbing it in  >:(

JENX!!!

oh and racetech will be there to tune my suspension while in the class. 

WHAT A DEAL!!!! ;D :o
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

Justin

Nice Sid!  I'm psyched for you.   I gave Doug a couple RFR pointers, so he's got an excellent grasp of the C config, now.

ps (hahahauahuahuahuah!!!)

XIII

Quote from: JENX!!! on September 17, 2009, 01:27:12 PM

oh and racetech will be there to tune my suspension while in the class. 

WHAT A DEAL!!!! ;D :o

I need a new/used helmet and then maybe rent a leather suit so me spending any more money is unlikely... :'(