Main Menu

pics from Sunday ride at Moonrocks

Started by Yard Sale, November 10, 2008, 10:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yard Sale

A group of about a dozen antelope is skylined atop the ridge after being surprised by me on a cow trail.

A second group of antelope, this time about thirty, heads uphill after our encounter on the cow trail.

The gnarly trail up the Dogskin ridge.

Two stroke MX bikes aren't supposed to do this well. Don't believe what you read in magazines.

I think I can see California.

Coming down from the Dogskins. Hey, is that a new trail on that hill?

FAIL! View from most of the way up the new trail on the hill in the previous picture.

Reason for fail. Looking up the hill from point of previous picture. Rocks in sand. Hey wait a minute, this isn't a trail, this is rain runoff.

After first attempt. Now it's a trail.

After second attempt. Those rocks at the top didn't get out of the way the second time, either.

weavefish

Cool pics man... really wish i had a dirtbike. maybe i will just roll out with you on my huffy  :-[
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

reno240sx

Nice pictures. If I had the cash laying around I would definately buy a dirt bike. That looks like it would be so much fun.

oldBolt

You could give a kidney away (Uniform Anatomical Gift Act makes certain types of payment for body parts illegal) and then charge someone for the removal process plus the cost of the bike (you could probably get some new ridding gear out of it too).  With FMLA it would be like a mini vacation that ends with a new bike. Maybe even a tax deduction in there also.  ;D

The desolation is beautiful.

+1 for wishing I had a dirt bike too.

"I have inhaled, exhaled everything." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

JENX!!!

WOW!!! awsome view......and yeah makes me want to go buy a dirtbike now too.... ;D
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

Justin

Hey, Ansel. . .
Nice pictures (especially #7)

Quote from: oldBolt on November 10, 2008, 03:05:20 PM
You could give a kidney away (Uniform Anatomical Gift Act makes certain types of payment for body parts illegal) and then charge someone for the removal process plus the cost of the bike (you could probably get some new ridding gear out of it too).  With FMLA it would be like a mini vacation that ends with a new bike. Maybe even a tax deduction in there also. 

You're one funny (or is it sick) bastard.
Love the commentary

cobra23

Crap...

you want to see pictures of the Christmas lighting i did for my wife instead of joining that ride?? :-X

Crap, not missing the next one. Crap.

Yard Sale

The forum resized the pics and they aren't nearly as impressive as the 1024 pixel originals. Check em out here if you want:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11428407@N02/sets/72157608797792652/

Anybody wanting a dirt bike, it's a buyer's market right now.

crzydog

Looks like fun!  Can I bring my fiddy?
Dude, you were flying when I passed you....

Yard Sale

No fiddies, no quads, no loud bikes if you want to ride with me. Fiddies can't climb the hills. Quads can't fit the singletracks. Loud bikes suck.

lhyx

Lix

MotoPutz

I'm picking up my bike this weekend...  Then I will be up for the next ride!

jlavallee

I just ordered another Bridgestone Trailwing (Off road it is the death wing) because I do almost all street but I'd be up for some fire road type runs if any of you guys do that sort of thing. A big dual sport might be able to do that kind of stuff with the right guy on board but it ain't me. :-[

Justin

Yup the original of number 7 looks awesome.
Thanks for the link.

I liked the TKC80 even on the road, Jason.
Try those if you get the chance.

A DRAGON

I always say I don't need a dirt bike becasue I don't need to be gone every weekend in the winter to. Those Pictures are really making me regrit saying that. Wow!!!!!!!!  That really looks like fun. What do I do with my Racquetball? I guess I could ride afterwards. ;)
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750