Main Menu

Sierra Singletrack Association

Started by Yard Sale, October 18, 2009, 08:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yard Sale

My first ride of the season with the very unofficial Sierra Singletrack Association. All on Yamaha 250s today. Two of the less-enlightened individuals rode four-strokes.

zipbyu:

Nesquik:

Putz:

I can't hold the camera level:

Putz over the cattle guard:

Putz on Nesquik's bike:

Myron was first over the cattle guard and launched into orbit. Upon re-entry he landed but then stalled and fell over. I wish he would wait until I got my camera out before he tried such antics.

I led down a canyon around Warm Springs Mtn. Sorry Nesquik!

I stopped here to point out the good line. I guess Mike thought I was stuck on a bad line and he took the bad line.

zipbyu on Putz's bike:

Putz on Nesquik's bike:

Nesquik going biped:

The challenge hill with a KTM 200 on it:

Only Myron and I tried it. I made it up the farthest (2/3 up) and might have made it in a couple more attempts but I had too much trouble turning the bike around to go downhill after bailing. And I broke my clutch lever. The KTM guys had so much fun watching us they gave it a try. The guy on the 450 made it on his first try. Respect!

Early on I mentioned I wanted to ride a wash at the base of Warm Springs Mtn. I described it as wide, sandy, with the occasional boulder you had to watch out for. One boulder got me and unfortunately boots are made for ankle protection not to protect feet between boulders and footpegs.

There should be more purple tomorrow:

n10sive

Dandelion went 'single tracking' on her dual sport today too ;D

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Yard Sale

Those dual sports have way too many emissions. We came up on a group and re-routed so as not to spook the horses from behind.

zipbyu

I wonder where I would land jumping the horse over the cattle guard?

mikey

ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

dmh2000

i missed this one. i'll make it next time. be sure to post up when it will happen.
dave

GreenMachine

To be consistent, it is a street bike that's off road.

Drove past this on the way home yesterday (Hwy 49).  It's the same corner Risinson18 lost his bike this summer.   Damn descending radius corners!

Click the image to enlarge
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Nesquik

:o.. pretty much sums up how my body feels today.

Yard Sale

Quote from: dmh2000 on October 19, 2009, 09:36:28 AM
i missed this one. i'll make it next time. be sure to post up when it will happen.
It will happen after the next rain. Hey, it rained today! Well, contact somebody else because I'm out of action. I have to see a doctor about my foot, which got much worse today.

MotoPutz

Quote from: Nesquik on October 19, 2009, 10:00:19 AM

Your 18, your suppose to bounce back aren't you???   ;D

Nesquik

Quote from: Putz on October 19, 2009, 01:54:30 PM
Quote from: Nesquik on October 19, 2009, 10:00:19 AM

Your 18, your suppose to bounce back aren't you???   ;D

Haha im just sore.. Ive been doing a lot of nothin lately.

Yard Sale

However sore you are it's not as sore as my foot/toe. New pic:

Nesquik

Justin

1st
I have witnessed 4 people meet that wall on 49 in the exact same spot.  I think target fixation is the key issue.  You can see all the way through that corner (It's a left corner where passing is legal!)
We need to remember to look WAY down the road.  This corner is the reminder of why we do that.

2nd
Yard sale, you need to take photographs of both feet so we comparatively assess the swelling.