Main Menu

SBA - Sierra Boating Association :)

Started by XIII, July 30, 2009, 07:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XIII

http://picasaweb.google.com/ABustarde/SBASierraBoatingAssociation?feat=directlink
Went sailing with Alberto and Justino on the 22nd at Lake Tahoe. Lot's of "first time" experiences and I am uber grateful to Alberto and Tino for sharing their wisdom in all aspects of sailing and misc. On to the pics!

Departure point

Captain Alberto and crew mate Justino

Our racing competitor >:(

Captain Alberto eyeing the competition

Getting sideways with it  :o

We needed to drag something...a hand is all I could muster up...didn't want to fall in  ;D

Learning how to steer the boat...I did ok. 8)

It was a really fun day. Learned a lot and experienced a lot. Thanks Alberto! Sorry for the late post.

99 900ss duc

sails are so barbaric... 
wanna racce?

n10sive

Wish I still had my trimaran. It was the sportbike of sailboats. Could get it up to 25 knots
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Justin

I was just thinking that the internal combustion engine IS epitome of civilized sophistication.

Team Gorgonzola

It was a wonderful day, the right company, slow but fast....windy, rail in the water, kicked ass and left the other guy for dead ;D
I learned on catamarans, (last one was a Nacra 5.8 ), nothing beat hanging on a harness 10 feet off the water going 18/20 knots!!!Unforgettable; engines??who need engines!! ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

n10sive

I'm with Alberto on this one. Nothing beats Lake Tahoe, a Sailboat, a good glass of wine and your favorite lady snuggled up to you in the peace and quiet as you slide through the crystal blue waters with a good breeze running blowing in your face.

It also looked like Alberto got some serious lean angle...did you guys get a knee down? LOL

Adiggity

Nice! Thanks for sharing. Looks like fun.  8)

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: n10sive on July 31, 2009, 08:45:45 AM
I'm with Alberto on this one. Nothing beats Lake Tahoe, a Sailboat, a good glass of wine and your favorite lady snuggled up to you in the peace and quiet as you slide through the crystal blue waters with a good breeze running blowing in your face.

It also looked like Alberto got some serious lean angle...did you guys get a knee down? LOL

We got the rail in the water a couple of times and the main couldn't have been more than a couple of feet from the water; very exciting.....the breeze was just perfect. I bet your trimaran was a hoot; those things fly in the right hands.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

XIII

^Let's just say I didn't need to try to reach for the water when I extended my hand out. Less than a foot from the edge of the boat really...

n10sive

I'll play :) Here's Karin (Dandelion) driving our old boat. That's my special 'snow capped mountains over tahoe' spinnaker :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olde3mO5UYw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IupuKD_90iU

Tahoe Thunderstorm

D1NO

Great pics.... looks like a lot of fun!