Main Menu

Ducati Steel Trellis frame no more

Started by XIII, April 16, 2009, 02:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XIII

http://www.crash.net/MotoGP/Feature/145397/1/ducatis_carbon_fibre_motogp_chassis.html

QuoteDucati's leap from steel trellis to carbon fibre monocoque - bypassing the aluminium favoured by its Japanese rivals - has been the main talking point of the GP9 since it made an early public debut during last June's post-race test at Catalunya. A carbon fibre swingarm was also introduced at the Qatar test in early march.

Is this blasphemy Alberto? I mean, I thought that Ducati's stuck by the trellis frame as a tradition.

Yard Sale

I'll bet you 100 Lira all Duc streetbikes (save for ultra-limited GP replicas) will stay with the trellis frame.

XIII

I won't bet against you...CF is very expensive!  :'(

Team Gorgonzola

Ducati, never an imitator, always and innovator.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

D1NO

Justin

Many people have taken ducati's approach of Innovation vs. Imitation

Knotty Boy Emergency Dreadlock Removal Kit
Knotty Boy - always the innovator, NEVER the imitator - has redefined the entire dreadlocking process. Now you can have dreadlocks, AND REMOVE THEM if. ...
www.shopping.com/xPO-Knotty-Boy-Knotty-Boy-Emergency-Dreadlock-Removal-Kit

risinson18

well i think its about time that some one in the Motorcycle world did something like that and i am glad it was the Italians. they have always been the innovators of Carbon Fiber. just look at Ferrari, Sidi and Colnago the two innovators of carbon in their respected fields and now Ducati has joined the rank of innovative Italian companies in the carbon field. i do not think it will trickle down to the street versions, i see no practical use for that but i think it will open the way to more companies using carbon fiber not just for parts but as frames as well. i have worked with Sidi cycling shoes and Colnago bicycles for a long time and i can tell you that carbon is a totally different feel than aluminum frames, sooo much better! :)

Justin

tennis rackets left the world of aluminum a long time ago, too.
It is overdo, but my friend did a little damage to his Ferrari which translated to a HUGE carbon fiber bill, however.
I have broken CF.  Tennis rackets and and mountain bikes. $$$
I'll jump on a CF motorcycle when the production costs go down a little.

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: Justino on April 17, 2009, 10:12:19 AM
Many people have taken ducati's approach of Innovation vs. Imitation

Knotty Boy Emergency Dreadlock Removal Kit
Knotty Boy - always the innovator, NEVER the imitator - has redefined the entire dreadlocking process. Now you can have dreadlocks, AND REMOVE THEM if. ...
www.shopping.com/xPO-Knotty-Boy-Knotty-Boy-Emergency-Dreadlock-Removal-Kit
WTF :o :o ;D ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-