Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

RFR May 19th

Started by Team Gorgonzola, May 07, 2012, 10:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

n10sive

it was his first time on an SV (moved up from 250 class). Took a bit to get suspension setup but said he finally felt comfy on it by sunday.

from him:
4th in Club lightweight
4th in 650 Twins (novice)
3rd in Superdino
DNF Formula 4 because my battery tray fell out on the rear tire.

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: n10sive on May 10, 2012, 05:41:04 PM
Quote from: dub on May 10, 2012, 08:49:44 AM

So then the shopping for a new track bike isn't going so well?

nope. Tax man came and gave me some surprise sex...the payment for my old bike hasn't arrived yet (:() and trying to find a GSXR-750 is pretty damn hard! There doesn't seem to be a lot of used ones out there.

Let's me guess, the sex was "unlubed" :P
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: dr1150 on May 08, 2012, 06:53:17 PM
Hello all,

I would like to do the May 19th track day. I have a 2 bike trailer but at this time NO tow vehicle.
Is there anyone willing to give me a ride? I live in Damonte Ranch and willing to pay for gas.

Thanks

David

David, I can prolly do that, where do you live?
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Tahoebrian5

So I'm considering not bringing my trailer and just putting the bike in the back of the truck. Only problem is I'm deathly afraid to unload n load on flat ground. Is there anyplace out at the track to make it easier to unload? Or if someone has a trailer and willing to help I could unload onto a trailer, then onto the ground. Ideas???
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

oldBolt

QuoteSo I'm considering not bringing my trailer and just putting the bike in the back of the truck. Only problem is I'm deathly afraid to unload n load on flat ground. Is there anyplace out at the track to make it easier to unload? Or if someone has a trailer and willing to help I could unload onto a trailer, then onto the ground. Ideas???

I have seen it done from the hill toward the skid pad just past the spectator viewing area.  Don't know if that helps?  But I would be happy to help should you need a hand.
"I have inhaled, exhaled everything." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

dub

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on May 18, 2012, 08:44:53 AMSo I'm considering not bringing my trailer and just putting the bike in the back of the truck. Only problem is I'm deathly afraid to unload n load on flat ground. Is there anyplace out at the track to make it easier to unload? Or if someone has a trailer and willing to help I could unload onto a trailer, then onto the ground. Ideas???

Once you get to the track that's the easy part; there will be a bunch of folks around willing to help.

The tricky part is loading by yourself at the house.  Do you have that part under control?

Tahoebrian5

Ya, there's is a perfect hill here at home. I'm just hesitant because I almost dropped it off the truck when the milk crate flipped out from under my feet once. Thanks for the input, I'll try the hill that was mentioned or find a trailer to use as intermediate.

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Tahoebrian5

Was good times! Damn there's a lot of turns to digest at rfr, first couple laps was really rough!

n10sive

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on May 19, 2012, 09:06:09 PM
Was good times! Damn there's a lot of turns to digest at rfr, first couple laps was really rough!

left, right, 180 left, little off camber right, 90 right, up the hill... left, right, 180 left at top, 90 right, 90 right, little straight, 90 right, 90 left, right, 90 left, straight, 180 left, little wiggle, 180 right, little wiggle, right, long wiggle, left, 180 right, banked 180 left, long wiggle, 90 left, long straight.

;D

Tahoebrian5

Piece of cake, right..

Tahoebrian5

Anyone know the photographers website?

dub

Quote from: n10sive on May 19, 2012, 09:17:20 PMleft, right, 180 left, little off camber right, 90 right, up the hill... left, right, *THE CORNER DALE CRASHED IN*, 180 left at top, 90 right, 90 right, little straight, 90 right, 90 left, right, 90 left, straight, 180 left, little wiggle, 180 right, little wiggle, right, long wiggle, left, 180 right, banked 180 left, long wiggle, 90 left, long straight.

You missed one and I think I know why.  I fixed it for you.

n10sive

Quote from: dub on May 21, 2012, 09:22:24 AM
Quote from: n10sive on May 19, 2012, 09:17:20 PMleft, right, 180 left, little off camber right, 90 right, up the hill... left, right, *THE CORNER DALE CRASHED IN*, 180 left at top, 90 right, 90 right, little straight, 90 right, 90 left, right, 90 left, straight, 180 left, little wiggle, *THE CORNER DALE CRASHED IN*180 right, little wiggle, right, long wiggle, left, 180 right, banked 180 left, long wiggle, 90 left, long straight.

You missed one and I think I know why.  I fixed it for you.

HA! You missed one!