Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

T hill Monday may 7th

Started by Tahoebrian5, May 01, 2012, 11:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

I'm going.. For real this time! Missed the boat last week cause ZZ sold out. Anyone else going?
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

How'd it go?  Weather looked superb!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

Weather was absolutely perfect.. About 80 with touch of breeze. Went alright.. Only my 3rd track day, first time in A group. Learned alot, mostly that street tires and no warmers don't really work at a faster pace. Highlight of the day.. I was kinda having allergies down there, came into a turn a bit hot, on the brakes super hard, back wheel came off the ground, snot flies out of my nose and covers my visor, had to go pit. Other than that, well my tires were really sucking and I drifted the back and fairly dramatically at 100 plus. Spooked me pretty bad so blew off last two sessions loaded up and went home. Yep, learned alot.

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

dub

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on May 08, 2012, 08:20:15 AM...I was kinda having allergies down there...

Yeah, me too last week.  I don't normally have a problem with allergies.  My eyes were all red, itchy and watery.  Must just be springtime in the central valley.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on May 08, 2012, 08:20:15 AM
...on the brakes super hard, back wheel came off the ground, snot flies out of my nose and covers my visor...
Them's some good breaks you got on there son!

Was that the same set of tires you were riding on in SoCal?  They may have been a little ragged, falling off.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

Ya but still appear in good shape. I liked for the street or slower track pace, but feel like I almost went down twice cause of them... Or maybe it's just operator error!

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on May 08, 2012, 11:15:58 AM
Ya but still appear in good shape. I liked for the street or slower track pace, but feel like I almost went down twice cause of them... Or maybe it's just operator error!
Doubt operator error.  I've watched you ride.  You don't make mistakes, at least not at the speeds we're going at on the street.

I feel more confident on new tires.  I think there's just that much more rubber mashing into the pavement that gives a strong connected feel.  If your Q2s were half way down, they probably weren't capable of giving the same feel.  And I bet if you put on a new set for the May 19th RFR day, you'll have that 'I'm awesome again!" confidence.