Main Menu

Signed up for Miller track day on May 29

Started by Tahoebrian5, April 02, 2012, 03:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

I'm very excited to check out the WSB race then do the track day...SWEET!!! They will be using the "perimeter" config. Anyone know if that is the actual race config?
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

You're going?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

Yep, and doing the track day on Tuesday after the race. You know you want to go!

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on April 02, 2012, 08:42:19 PM
Yep, and doing the track day on Tuesday after the race. You know you want to go!
:D  In years past, SSA would have a group going.  That's a long way to travel with an uncertain weather future.  But after yesterday's SBK race, suddenly Miller sounds appealing.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

Well I might have room for another bike. Lemme know if you get fired up

Oneup

Race config will be the perimeter track.  I'll probably be there for the race weekend but won't make the trackday on Tuesday.

SSA used to do a group thing at the Keigwin's weekend there which is the full course.  If you get a chance I'd recommend doing that.  The 4.5 mile course is a blast.  I might make that this year as well.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Tahoebrian5

Just did my first sesh.. damn this place is sweet!!

GreenMachine

Are you all setup with slicks this time too?  Feel like a World SBK rider out there?

Tahoebrian5

Not slicks but I'm on dunlops dot racers, the 211's. I'm doing alright, only 30 seconds behind Checa!

stimacsays

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on May 29, 2012, 02:11:04 PM
Not slicks but I'm on dunlops dot racers, the 211's. I'm doing alright, only 30 seconds behind Checa!
Did you buy any of the photos? Steven W. Clark did a great job snaping.

Alberto, would you show my pics to Kay? I dont have his email, and he did not think I was almost draging elbow.

If I did not lift my elbow over the paint, it would have drug...

Tahoebrian5

GreenMachine

Stimac,

Those pics are awesome.  You just need more HP to cut into that 30 secs. 

GreenMachine

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on June 02, 2012, 03:43:50 PM
Naw, I spent enough money already!
Exhausted after the long holiday?  Your prelude to Europe.

stimacsays

Quote from: GreenMachine on June 03, 2012, 11:15:44 AM
Stimac,

Those pics are awesome.  You just need more HP to cut into that 30 secs. 

Thanks.
I dont need 30 sec or more HP. I was doing 2;11s all day. I need 20 sec or bigger balls to pull on the brakes later. Haha

Tahoebrian5

2:11... Nice job! I never got past 2:19. I feel like I was just starting to get comfy and then the day was over. I realized late in the day I was going way too slow on the turns before the back straight and B group traffic was slowing me down alot. Hoping to go back and ride the full course in September. Only bummer is it's a long trip for a one day deal.