Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Keigwins at Miller June 11/12

Started by Oneup, May 21, 2011, 04:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oneup

I will be going to Miller for the Keigwins weekend on June 11th and 12th.  These are two of the only three trackdays a year that you can ride the full course with Miller.  If anyone is interested in going I will be bringing the toy hauler and have room for 3 more bikes/people.  Let me know if you are interested.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Rick Bay (BRA)

I'm gonna ask the days off to my boss. I dont think he will give me but I'll try anyway.
Thanks Greg.

JeffW

Greg, I'm going to this event. I'd be interesting in joining you. I'd also be interested in getting a garage at the track. Last year is was nice to have a warm and dry garage to hang out in when it rained on us. It isn't going to rain this year; but just in case.
Jeff Watkins
Reno, NV
Red 2001 Honda CBR600 F4i

onceayear

Greg and Jeff,

As long as the weather holds, I will be there. I will look for you and if you want to split a garage, it would be the most comfortable for the event. Talk to you soon. Tom R1

Oneup

Tom, I can't make it now. My truck broke down and I have to get it fixed. If you want my passes give me a call. Seven seven five two eight seven eight two four two.

JeffW

Tom (and anybody else who might be going)... I'm still going to Miller. It looks like the weather will be good this weekend. I'm heading out Friday morning towing my trailer with a silver bmw 3-series. Staying at a hotel near the SLC airport. I should be at the track on Saturday morning before 7:30 am. I rented a day garage for Sat and Sun (West Day Garage #5). Come join me and split the costs. The garage was only $100 for both days.

Oneup

I so wish I could have gone.   :'(  Have fun.

A DRAGON

How was the track day Jeff?   I was in Mexico with the family and had to miss it.  I really like making it.  Sorry I couldn't go this year.   
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

JeffW

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. The weather was great. This is the fifth time I have been to Miller and the first time with no rain all weekend. My bike was acting up and I ended up breaking fourth gear on Sunday. The up-shift from third to fourth would end up in a frequent false neutral and it was frustrating to ride. The bike has 85 track days and 12,000 track miles so maybe I shouldn't complain. I just sold the bike today and am looking for a new track bike. I'm leaning toward an SV650. If you know anyone who's got one for sale point them my way.

n10sive

I have an SV I am contemplating getting rid of.

It's a Zoran built, race ready sv with ALL the goodies.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

JeffW

n10sive, A Zoran bike sounds very interesting. I've seen his bikes and been very impressed by how nice they are. Very well set up for the track, obviously since he is catering to afm racers. I've been thinking that one of his bikes might be just the ticket for me. Probably one with a mild state of engine tune or even a stock engine. I've been thinking about getting in touch with Z to figure out the process of creating a bike. Maybe we should talk about your bike and see where the discussion goes. I'd like to get a new bike within about a month or two. I've already pre-paid for five more Kegwins track days that I'd like to use. I've been poking around on craigslist and Barf and haven't seen anything exciting yet. I'll send you an email via the board. You can get in touch with me at "jwatkins80504 at hotmail dot com" or on the board email. -Jeff

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019